Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
addicted2books
EBookaholic
addicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Decalgirl Order

I'm looking for a little advice. I ordered a new skin from Decalgirl last Saturday. The transaction was charged to my credit card but I have not received an email about shipping confirmation yet. When I try to check the status with the order number I can find nothing yet. Does it normally take this long to ship out an order? Should I be trying to contact customer service to see where my order is? I just wanted to touch base with some other people that have ordered from this company before to see if I'm just being impatient and should wait a little longer.
addicted2books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'd send them an e-mail. They've been very responsive when I've contacted them in the past. I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #3
addicted2books
EBookaholic
addicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litteraddicted2books doesn't litter

Thanks. This is the first time that I have ordered from them and I didn't know if it generally took a while for them to ship their orders or not. I also wondered because I had ordered on a weekend, if maybe that would slow things up a bit. I'll shoot them off an email and see if I can find out what happened to my order.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I hope it works out. I love their skins. Very high quality.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Hmm. I got a skin for my 600 a few weeks ago (the library looking one) and it arrived within 2 weeks of my order. Nice design, goes on my black 600 very well. Getting it on was a little bit of a pain, getting the alignment right all around. It is a one-piece wrap-around, I would have preferred separate front and back panels.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
I just recieved mine as well-I ordered one for my 505 and 600. If you order more use the coupon GETTEN, it saves you %10. I know its not a lot but...

Anyways I had the same thing going on. I placed my order on March 4th and they said they would send me an email when it was shipped. I recieved my skins on the 10th along with the email saying they shipped it on the 8th . Everytime I checked on decalgirl's website it would say "processing" in the upper right hand corner or something like that. I think I selected the one above standard shipping tho, it was only an extra $1 or something like that.
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #7
addicted2books
EBookaholic

Thank you for the reassurance. I fired off an email to Decalgirl and they were very prompt to let me know that my problem would be assigned a representative and I was given a reference number. I wasn't expecting to hear from anyone until Monday as they state their business hours as Mon - Fri but I received an email from them today (Sunday!). My order was shipped on Mar 8th but no email had been sent. The rep apologized for the confusion and I was given a tracking number for USPS. All things considered I was very satisfied with the customer service response.

Now the hard part, I just have to be patient and wait for my skin to arrive!

Thank you to everyone for helping me out.

Did I mention that this is my first skin!! I won't even tell you how old I am because that would just be embarrassing!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
addicted2books
EBookaholic

I received another email from Decalgirl and they have given me a coupon code to use for an additional 10% off all my future purchases! I have to say that this is the best customer service experience that I've had in a while!!
Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Those are very pretty! I like those a lot. Thanks for sharing. muwahahaha something else I want for my little reader. :^O
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #10
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They have a couple other sites where you can get them too, istyles.com, uniqueskins.com, and skinit.com to name a few. I still like decalgirl tho.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #11
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Glad to hear it was sorted out for you. I've had excellent service so far and I love their skins. Sometimes I just go straight to the More Ways to Shop and search by design to find what I'm looking for.

Let us know how it goes; I would upload pics of the skins I have on all my readers but alas, I don't know how to get them on my computer. I have to be the only 25 year old that is computer illiterate, lol! Show us some pics if you can
Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 AM   #12
addicted2books
EBookaholic

Happily Ever After.....

I just thought I would let you know that I did receive my skin in the mail today! I was really impressed that it only took a week to arrive by USPS.

Considering that I live north of the border, I think this is a record. Anyway, everything arrived in pristine condition with all the necessary instructions to apply my skin which was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I'm very happy with both the product and the customer service from Decalgirl and would not hesitate to order from them again. The skin looks great and what a cool way to keep the minor bumps and scratches from showing on the surface of my reader!

A big thanks to everyone here at MR for helping me out. Sometimes it's just nice to have someone to talk to that understands where you're coming from.