Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
dlmiller
dlmiller began at the beginning.

Location: In a complex, where they lock us up at night, and keep all the good medication
Device: kindle 3, blackberry
Sending from calibre to blackberry torch

I am currently a new user of my kindle 3, calibre, blackberry kindle ebook reader.
My e-readers are: kindle 3 and kindle software on a blackberry torch.

The blackberry torch has the software installed to a 4 gig sim card.

I have just installed calibre sucessfully and have been able to access my material on the kindle with no problem. Currently I have a number of books synced between my kindle and my blackberry through the kindle software. Like this alot.

When I connect my blackberry torch to the usb, and bring up calibre. I do not see any of the books I have on that device. It appears that calibre is looking only at main memory, and the torch by default installed the kindle software to the sim card.

So, my question is:
How can I use calibre to move receipe downloads to my blackberry? Because, the books are syncing up just fine through the kindle software. But I seem to be having issues syncing my news web sites to my blackberry.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

;o)

And everyone have a good day please.

Dan
dlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click the connect/share button and choose connect to folder in calibre. Then select the folder where the books are on your blackberry
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
dlmiller

Location: In a complex, where they lock us up at night, and keep all the good medication
Thank you for the quick reply. Exactly what I was looking for.

;o)
Old 04-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
brooks.williams
brooks.williams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
When I've got my Blackberry Torch connected to my PC, the Connect To Folder option under the Connect/Share button is greyed-out. I've got the same problem as dlmiller but it appears that the "fix" isn't working for me?

Any ideas?

I'm running the latest version of Calibre (0.7.55)

Thanks!

-Brooks
brooks.williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #5
dlmiller

how did you connect your blackberry?

as usb, charge, or sync? The blackberry is reconized in both sync and usb by calibre but I did the move over to the blackberry in the usb connect mode.

Dan
Advert
Old 04-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks.williams View Post
When I've got my Blackberry Torch connected to my PC, the Connect To Folder option under the Connect/Share button is greyed-out. I've got the same problem as dlmiller but it appears that the "fix" isn't working for me?
I believe the Connect to folder feature is greyed out whenever your device is recognized and connected via a calibre device interface plugin. If your device is recognized as a USB drive you can use the Connect to folder feature.

Try disabling the Blackberry device interface plugin and see if it works.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blackberry, kindle 3