Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
calibre, kobo touch extended driver: "no suitable formats"?

Trying to transfer some DRM-free ebooks (from gutenberg) to my new kobo aura one, using calibre, with the kobo touch extended driver and the kobo utilities plugins installed. The books are currently in epub format. When I try to send them to the device, I get the error:
"Warning: No suitable formats
Could not upload the following books to the device, as no suitable formats were found. Convert the book(s) to a format supported by your device first."

On google, I found a few people that had this issue, but in those cases, they couldn't open the book inside calibre, so it was an issue with the book files moving out from underneath the library. I am able to view the files fine inside calibre, and I can convert them to epub again successfully, but even after a conversion, they still won't copy to the device.

What could I be doing wrong?

[Edited - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-02-2017 at 05:35 AM.
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

As a note, I switched to using the standard driver (instead of extended), and a book I was testing with transferred correctly, although it went as a standard epub instead of as a kepub. I was wanting to keep the kepub features, so I would still prefer to use the extended driver if possible.
Advert
Old 05-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
X-posting IS frowned upon. If you think your post is in the wrong place, PM a Mod (or use the Report this post) button and ask it be moved.

What format did you downlod. DOC is not a Calibre supported format.
There are utilities that can convert Word files to filtered HTML, but seeing this is PG. just get the EPUB. Your Kobo will like that
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #4
TuxGirl
Groupie

And... sorry... Came up with some different search terms on google, and found this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1704

If there's a way to delete this thread, I will. Otherwise, it can live as a pointer to the solution to this problem.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:58 PM   #5
TuxGirl
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
X-posting IS frowned upon. If you think your post is in the wrong place, PM a Mod (or use the Report this post) button and ask it be moved.

What format did you downlod. DOC is not a Calibre supported format.
There are utilities that can convert Word files to filtered HTML, but seeing this is PG. just get the EPUB. Your Kobo will like that
Sorry. It was an epub, but I didn't understand how I was supposed to configure the driver. I finally found a google result (with different search terms from what I had been trying) that go me back to a forum post that solved the problem! I will report the post to get it removed.

Thanks for the reply.
Advert