Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
Downloading to e-reader

I was trying to download the Agatha Chrisite from the October reading club. Although I have posted this elsewhere I didn;t get an answer, obviously the wrong place.
I couln't download this to my sony. It had an attirbute error. apparently "no split". What does that mean and how do I rectify it. I am using Calibre.

Can someone help me here, please?
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:51 AM   #2
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Rose,

I'm not sure I understand. Could you post the link to the book, the _exact_ error message (and what generated it - calibre, the sony, windows?) and explain how you were trying to transfer the book? This might make troubleshooting a little easier?
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for replying az. I have tried to down load Agatha Christies, Mysterious affair at Styles using Calibre. It is from this site and it is an EPUB format.
It fails to read the metadata, then if i try to send it to my device, it says AttirbuteError 'None type'object has no attribute split.
Does that make any sense?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #4
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes it does - but I don't really know what is going on. I found the book you are referencing, it is this one. I get the same error when trying to import it to Calibre. Looks like there is something about the cover image that Calibre doesn't like.

I don't have my reader on hand, but I suspect I would get the same error. I'll try later.
As a workaround, perhaps you could try to load this LRF version to your reader?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
According to the book posting...

Quote:
NOTE: Calibre doesn't recognize the SVG cover, so the book isn't readable there. However, it seems to work fine everywhere else.
FWIW transferring it with the Sony software works fine.

Maybe editing it and removing the SVG cover or replacing it with a JPEG would work.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
I got the epub at Feedbooks and it works fine. It's a nicely formatted copy.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:40 AM   #7
Panda Rose
Zealot

not sure I can use Feedbooks in the UK, can I? We are the poor citizens over here.
Thanks for you help, guy. I will download it on and see how I get on.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
Panda Rose
Zealot

OK. downloaded it and I only got 2 pages. Apparently its because I am outside the US - again!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Rose View Post
OK. downloaded it and I only got 2 pages. Apparently its because I am outside the US - again!
I doubt that, sounds more like your reader doesn't like that particular epub.
Have you tried the lrf version I linked to:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11430

?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #10
Panda Rose
Zealot

yes, no go!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
Panda Rose
Zealot

AHa, all sorted for now, I think. i have been onto feedbooks. i CAN download if I am in the UK and I CAN download Agatha Christie. I hope I enjoy it now!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did download The Mysterious affair at Styles in ePub from MR. I did put it on my 505 using eBook Library. I had not problem at all reading it. I don't use Calibre to put content on my 505. I use eBook Library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote