Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The 600 has been modded

The PRS-600 has been modded. See http://translate.google.com/translat...istory_state0=

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-18-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Fixing the link
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Loose_Appeal
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish?
Loose_Appeal doesn't litterLoose_Appeal doesn't litter

Device: Current: PRS-650, Previous: Books
Is it just me or did they also flash the PRS-300 firmware?
Loose_Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Do you have a link to the specific thread or post about the mod?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
R0B_IX
Enthusiast
R0B_IX began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
I think that this is the post he's referring to http://translate.googleusercontent.c...4ZDolzF-OYjpqQ
R0B_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Thanks R0B_IX!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
FragFrog
Connoisseur
FragFrog began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Looks like they were able to create their own firmware and flash it over the existing firmware already in place. Nicely done I must say, I hope someone smart enough can figure out how they did it and create a way for us to run custom code on it
FragFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Do you have a link to the specific thread or post about the mod?
Sorry the link didn't go to the thread. But I've fixed it for anyone just reading the thread.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
Looks like they were able to create their own firmware and flash it over the existing firmware already in place. Nicely done I must say, I hope someone smart enough can figure out how they did it and create a way for us to run custom code on it
I would love someone to be able to dissect the mod and be able to change what they've done like remove the Russian fonts back to the default fonts.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #9
sigmax
Connoisseur
sigmax has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SONY PRS-300
NICE!!!

clock, fonts, better icons .... here they come
sigmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #10
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
This is great news! It also sounds like they are on their way to cracking the dictionary format. I'm sure changing the font/language back to English, or anything else, will not be too difficult.

Once there's proven support for non-standard dictionaries, I will buy a PRS-600.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:28 AM   #11
byblo
Traumatized
byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: paper, Kobo Glue
Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
Once there's proven support for non-standard dictionaries, I will buy a PRS-600.
Same for me. If it will be possible to customize the dictionary (to me, having a english to french dictionary while reading english books will be unvaluable)

Also, being able to add a quick shortcut for taking notes while reading, like tapping on left upper side or whatever, instead of messing with a button + menu, will be very nice.

I'm still waiting to decide which ebook will be my first one, and being able to customize it is something that is in my necessary feature list
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #12
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I miss the clock a lot more than I thought I would.

And would someone get to work on nuking the auto-launcher, pretty please?
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #13
okalyddude
Enthusiast
okalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enoughokalyddude will become famous soon enough

Device: E600
Great news, I am currently on the fence (and likely to topple over very soon) to getting a prs 600 - but the customization is something I love about other devices (not ereaders, comps, phones, etc)

Question: Would you have to install the open inkpot to get the most out of it (that is still largely in development, and not too practical yet, I take it?) or does this make it seem like people will come out with very easy (and safe) firmware hacks to allow you to customize, add applications, etc...

For me, must haves: multi-language translators, a clock, short-cut tap zones, wikipedia or encyclopedia support, more reference books that can be downloaded and cached in general.

Quick Q: does anyone know the best link for the text only wikipedia you can download, or the approximate size? Been looking around a bit, feel like it should be easier to find.
okalyddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
dontriston
Connoisseur
dontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enoughdontriston will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony prs 600
If i can ask some cuestions, I want:

Fisx the zoom for all the pages
Export all the lines of the note
Collection with diferent levels (like folders into the folders)

Go up!!!

Bye
dontriston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #15
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Pretty sweet - they added a hack so that the 5/6 and 7/8 buttons are for history and page turns. (Just enter '0'first for direct-page access.)
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote