Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-04-2017, 07:21 AM   #436
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
It seems that there is something wrong with the Marek's Dropbox links..
I re-uploaded the 2014 Glo image to some mirrors and updated the link but unfortunately I don't have the Touch image (since I don't own one).
If somebody has a link please post it here and I'll update the first post.
Hi, I have the 2014 Kobo Touch image if anyone needs it. I'll have to upload it somewhere though.

EDIT: For those with Kobo Minis, I'm trying to find the necessary files (uImage and u-boot-mddr-256<morestuff>.bin). If you have those, that would be great!

Last edited by markyisri; 04-04-2017 at 01:39 PM.
markyisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:10 AM   #437
jperon
jperon began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
About necessary files for Kobo Mini, here you are.

To upload the 2014 image, what about mega.nz ?

Thank you very much !
jperon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2017, 06:40 AM   #438
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperon View Post
About necessary files for Kobo Mini, here you are.

To upload the 2014 image, what about mega.nz ?

Thank you very much !
Thank you jperon!!

Sorry for the late response. I'm trying to get your 2014 Touch image uploaded to the web.

Expect it to be uploaded in about 10 min.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:54 AM   #439
markyisri
Connoisseur

Kobo Touch image is up and available at:

EDIT: Link removed. See later post.

Last edited by markyisri; 05-10-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:39 PM   #440
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Can not download.
It needs a decryption key!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyisri View Post
Kobo Touch image is up and available at:

https://mega.nz/#!UmJHDTiK
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2017, 01:50 AM   #441
jperon

Quote:
Can not download.
It needs a decryption key!
To avoid it, it's necessary, when sharing file from mega, to select link with key.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #442
markyisri
Connoisseur

Fixed link

My apologies.

Here you go:

https://mega.nz/#!UmJHDTiK!12yYDgpx3...1pRMUCVD3Ef53k
Old 05-12-2017, 02:26 AM   #443
jperon

Thank you very much !
Old 05-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #444
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyisri View Post
OK, updated the first post and added some mirrors...
Old 05-16-2017, 06:39 AM   #445
markyisri
Connoisseur

No problem everyone. Glad to see a community still revolves around these older ereaders.

BTW incase anyone using a Kobo Aura Edition 2 comes looking,

Quote:
Originally Posted by enukyp View Post
Hi guys,

I just opened my Kobo Aura Edition 2 and there is an SD card indeed!

picture: https://ibb.co/n75imQ
So we might start to see info on how to get Android working on this newer model.

From what I hear the Kobo Aura One is very similar in hardware, so it'd likely also work with that model.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #446
boneless
boneless began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi guys,

My kobo glo stopped booting the other day.

I came across this thread and thought it a good excuse to try Android but I could only get to one image. Marek's older android Glo image.

I was interested in Marek's newer Dual Boot Glo image. Could anyone help with a link?

Thanks in advance.
boneless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #447
boneless

Marek's dual boot Glo image

Quote:
It seems that there is something wrong with the Marek's Dropbox links..
I re-uploaded the 2014 Glo image to some mirrors and updated the link but unfortunately I don't have the Touch image (since I don't own one).
If somebody has a link please post it here and I'll update the first post.
Hi embryo. Thanks for this. Do you happen to have Marek's newer dual boot image for the Kobo Glo?
Old 07-03-2017, 05:09 AM   #448
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneless View Post
Hi embryo. Thanks for this. Do you happen to have Marek's newer dual boot image for the Kobo Glo?
I do have it on my desktop, but unfortunately I am not there at the moment (and I will not be for 2-3 more weeks).
I will re-upload it when I return.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #449
boneless

No worries. Thanks in advance
Old 07-23-2017, 07:58 AM   #450
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneless View Post
Just returned and checked for the image, just to realize that there was never one, and that's why is not uploaded.
But if you want to try, there is this at the first post:
Quote:
Note: You can modify your existing Android image for Glo, to use it as extSD for Dual boot, by adding (and replacing) the files of the attached "Android System.dualboot.tar.bz2".The fix for the "Back" button is included.