Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Agilis
Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: None
Question Kindle K4 - Un-demoed w/ Kubrick - Cannot Deregister

Hello everyone, my title says it all. But first, thank you to everyone who puts in the time, and effort, to create a wonderful resource on all thing Kindles. For the last couple of days, I have been feverishly reading through all the posts related to my current dilemma.

I have 2 Kindle K4, Non-Touch Demo models. 1 version/model is black and the other is silver. The silver model, once I Un-demoed the device using Kubrick, was never registered, and works fine and can be registered. But unlike the Silver, the Black K4 refuses to deregister with an error similar to: "There was an error deregistering your device. Try again later." If I Reset to Factory default, the moment I connect to the WiFi, it registers the device as the previous register of the demo. If I choose to set up the Wifi Later, and register device using my email/password, soon as I connect to Wifi, same result.

Is there away to force a deregister? I have no history on these devices. They were in Orange boxes and part of some sort of liquidation. I have no use for these units and would like to donate them to a local hospital for the holidays.

Thank you in advance.
Agilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
Agilis
Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Agilis calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: None
Thumbs up

Ok figured this issue out and all is well. I found that my Wireless network for some reason was insisting on some sort of login for the wireless network to be access/confirmed by the Kindle. If I was asked by the Kindle to login registration process was interrupted. In detail...

After a factory reset, After selecting and confirming language, it asked to connect to Wifi. When I connected, the Kindle software was reporting that the Wireless connection needs a login to confirm. Not sure why but if I repeated this step within a certain amount of time, the login to confirm prompt was not needed.

The Kindle software then allowed me either use the current account or re-register the account... Which when done, ended up resolving the issue and allowed me to deregister it.
Agilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2013, 03:10 AM   #3
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Funny. What router do you have?

I had a similarish issue on my kt, but I traced that to a dead router
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote