Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Image (was Sigil) creates a blank page

Hi!
I am creating a children's book with a picture on each page with from two to four lines of text beneath each page. I create an xthml "section" for each page of the book. I then add the image and the text below the image. I got up to 8 pages and decided to test the book. I opened it in Caibre's viewer but each image/text combination is interspaced with a blank. There are 8 images so far. the page count at the top left indicates the page I'm on. at the first image/page, the count says 1 of 8. I then page down. I get a blank page but the count stays at "1". the same is true of the other pages. How can I remedy this?
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
1) There's obviously not enough room on one "page" for the images. You need to resize the images so they fit (could also be the margin or the padding attributes that "push them over the top"). Your CSS can ensure that the image is automatically resized (I believe), but.....
2) As people increase the font-size, you're not going to be able to guarantee that the "two to four lines of text" stay on the same page as the image. Ever. Unless you make the text part of the image.
3) Don't use calibre's viewer to preview your ePubs.
4) Not really a Sigil question. It's not "creating" the blank page.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If you have height 100% anywhere, try it with height 99%. Sometimes that works...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Not really a Sigil question/problem. Moving to EPUB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote