Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.5.2 Released

0.5.2 is now available for download! This is only a bug fix release but it fixes the "add existing file" feature that broke with 0.5.1.

There is no Linux x64 build at this time because my build machine died while building this package. I'll be looking into options to replace this machine but Linux x64 users will have to make due with the x86 Linux release for the time being. I've been having problems with my build machine (since the 0.5.0 release) but this time it looks like it's might be beyond reviving.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
As always, the Changelog lists the updates.

In addition to the critical add existing file bug, and allowing merging after splitting again, it tries to fix a few more of the cursor/caret positioning issues. Centring to/from book view/split view will have to wait until at least the book view editor is updated. And the long standing issue about extra blank lines in style after replacing in all files should be fixed.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Thanks to you both for your good work on Sigil.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #4
KenFuchs42
KenFuchs42 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Insert Image button

The Insert Image button in Version 4.1 and previous versions brings up the message "Choose an image from disk and insert it into the text." I use this feature constantly to insert new images into my text.

The Insert Image button in Versions 5.1 and 5.2 states "Choose an image from the book browser and insert it into the text." I find this feature useless. How can I easily find and then insert NEW images from my hard drive into the text?

Until this feature is fixed, I will continue using Version 4.1.
KenFuchs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFuchs42 View Post
The Insert Image button in Version 4.1 and previous versions brings up the message "Choose an image from disk and insert it into the text." I use this feature constantly to insert new images into my text.

The Insert Image button in Versions 5.1 and 5.2 states "Choose an image from the book browser and insert it into the text." I find this feature useless. How can I easily find and then insert NEW images from my hard drive into the text?

Do what every you like but I recommend looking first. What you want is there but since you're an ass I'll be one too and just say figure it out yourself.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

See the projects maintainers post .
I concur with his opinion.

I also suggest: Uninstall and LEAVE
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Only because you actually did ask a question in there and I must be in an over nice mood: add your images to your book first (right click on a file in the Book Browser and select add existing files, or use File->New->Add Existing), then use the Insert Image button to choose one of them. You simply need to have the image in your book before you insert it into a location in your file.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm having trouble with a lot of very simple F&R (in CV) in 0.5.2. It reports the number of instances found (current doc, selected html, all html), but it only seems to find and replace the very first instance... and then it gets stuck and won't find the next occurrence. Regular or Regex. If I close Sigil and re-open the epub, the same search will find the next occurrence and stop again. Lather, rinse, repeat. It just won't let me step though them one-at-a-time and "approve" the replacement. Using "Replace All" seems to work as expected, but is scary as hell.

I'm using the Windows 32-bit version on Vista, for the record.

EDIT: and seems it's not recognizing the \1 \2 replacement syntax for some fairly simple references (or rather it's inserting the literal "\1" "\2" instead of what they're referencing). Did something change I'm not aware of?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-10-2012 at 11:54 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
KenFuchs42
KenFuchs42 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Only because you actually did ask a question in there and I must be in an over nice mood: add your images to your book first (right click on a file in the Book Browser and select add existing files, or use File->New->Add Existing), then use the Insert Image button to choose one of them. You simply need to have the image in your book before you insert it into a location in your file.
MEME: Thank you for politely providing a clear, precise answer to my question. I appreciate your help. I now feel comfortable using 5.2.
KenFuchs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm having trouble with a lot of very simple F&R (in CV) in 0.5.2. It reports the number of instances found (current doc, selected html, all html), but it only seems to find and replace the very first instance... and then it gets stuck and won't find the next occurrence. Regular or Regex. If I close Sigil and re-open the epub, the same search will find the next occurrence and stop again. Lather, rinse, repeat. It just won't let me step though them one-at-a-time and "approve" the replacement. Using "Replace All" seems to work as expected, but is scary as hell.

I'm using the Windows 32-bit version on Vista, for the record.

EDIT: and seems it's not recognizing the \1 \2 replacement syntax for some fairly simple references (or rather it's inserting the literal "\1" "\2" instead of what they're referencing). Did something change I'm not aware of?
No, you're right - its definitely an issue when replacing step by step in all html files. Replacing in current file is ok. I'll look into it. Now I don't think I'm in a good mood again

Last edited by meme; 02-10-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, you're right - its definitely an issue. I'll look into it. Now I don't think I'm in a good mood again
Sorry to contribute to killing a good mood.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
meme
Sigil developer

The problem with the Find Next in All HTML files not working was introduced when I partially fixed the cursor position setting after a Replace All in All HTML files.

Its definitely an issue in 0.5.2. So you would have to use 0.5.1 to avoid it for now (and use the workaround for adding existing files via the File menu if you need to add file), or just use Find/Replace in Current File, with Count

DiapDealer - thanks for reporting this. In trying to get a few more fixes in I broke yet another function. I don't envy user_none's task of dealing with this code, and dealing my breaking it on him

As for this issue:
Quote:
could you give a more complete example of your find/replace strings?
Old 02-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
As for this issue:
Quote:
could you give a more complete example of your find/replace strings?
Until I do a little more experimenting, I'm willing to chalk this one up to user-error. I'm just not used to experiencing an empty backreference in a regex that's returning results (which is what I think is happening). It's happening with a negative match, so maybe that's it.

Code:
\s(\p{Pd}[^<])
Looking for a dash character preceded by a space but not immediately followed by a tag element.

It was finding examples but replacing with \1 was simply inserting the "\1" string.

Although, that same F&R seems to be working as expected in 0.5.1. So I may have to reinstalll 0.5.2 to determine whether I was fat-fingering something.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
congngo
congngo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
thank guys

Last edited by congngo; 02-10-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: my mistake
congngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Something I've just noticed.

Everytime I perform a replace-all in split-view, it revert the currently displayed file to code view. Is this meant to happen?

Never noticed this before as having it slit vertically always looked uncomfortable, but the horizontal split is now becoming my default view as it makes more sense on a widescreen monitor.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote