Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
scherimm
Scheri
scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.scherimm is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo Vox & Kobo Touch
Transfer from Kobo to Kobo Vox

Hi I am from Edmonton AB CANADA

I have a Kobo Touch and have just got a Kobo Vox. Can I transfer my books from my Kobo touch to my new Vox?

Help?
scherimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I don't know if you are asking if you can do a device to device transfer, or if you are asking something else. You can have your books on both simultaneously--though the Vox Kobo app currently works only with Kobo ePUBS (kepubs) and drm free ePUBS. You can read the Adobe DRM books on Aldiko and a variety of other readers that you can load on your Vox.

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-01-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: removed note about Vox forum, now thread's been moved
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
As taming said, if you bought the books on Kobo.com or through your Kobo Touch they should show up on your Vox no problem. If you got them form other sources you will have to manually transfer them, not really sure if there is an easy option
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scherimm View Post
Hi I am from Edmonton AB CANADA
Sorry; transfers are not possible for people from Edmonton...

Just kidding :P
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
As others have stated if you purchased them through Kobo they will appear. If you used Calibre to "side load" the books then you can do the same when the Vox is plugged into the USB cable. However from within the Kobo Reader app on the Vox you will need to do the import. (Or maybe it will notice automatically. I can't recall now.) You may need to update your Calibre app to the latest version.)
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

Well, in defense of the OP, this thread started over in the Introductions subforum and i asked a mod to move it here. It made more sense to talk about location before the move.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post

Leave it to a Torontonian to write this. (Just kidding - I married one myself).
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
transfer to vox, vox