Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
kinwolf
kinwolf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
French Canadian keyboard is Azerty?

Can anyone confirm on their PRS-T1 that the french canadian keyboard is set to an Azerty layout? Just got a PRS-T1 and I can't seem to get the QWERTY layout when choosing french canada as the language. If that is the case it is really stupid from Sony, don't they know we use the QWERTY layout??
kinwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm not a French-Canadian, but I tried resetting my PRST1 to keyboard = 'Canadian French' then tried a search from inside a book. The keyboard which pops up is:
Code:
azertyuiop
qsdfghjklm
wxcvbn'
The Menu Language and Keyboard are two different settings. Can't you set them independently?

Last edited by jackie_w; 11-03-2011 at 07:52 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
kinwolf

You confirmed that the keyboard has indeed the azerty layout

I wrote to sony support to check with them if they can fix it in a future update. I'll set the keyboad to Canada for the moment, I don't think I'll need the accentuated characters for the moment.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinwolf View Post
You confirmed that the keyboard has indeed the azerty layout

I wrote to sony support to check with them if they can fix it in a future update. I'll set the keyboad to Canada for the moment, I don't think I'll need the accentuated characters for the moment.
My keyboard setting is 'United Kingdom' which is QWERTY. I can still get accented characters if I want them, e.g. if I press and hold the 'e' I get a popup mini menu with e-grave, e-acute, e-circumflex and e-umlaut. Am I totally misunderstanding your problem?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
kinwolf

Indeed, after reading your post I tried the canadian(english) keyboard and I do get access to the accentuated characters

Sony should still fix the french canadian keyboard so that it use the qwerty layout and thus making sure we don't have to change it manually after the initial configuration of the ereader (waiting for them to answer my support ticket on that)

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by kinwolf; 11-04-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Advert