Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
errtu
errtu began at the beginning.

Device: none
rooting nook

so i'll root the nook color and add to it miui. after the process is done, will I be able to format the sd card and use it for storing books and whatever i want? or will it be unusable after that?

meaning, do i need two microsd's?

Last edited by errtu; 08-02-2011 at 02:20 PM.
errtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I tried to root mine and failed. The installer partitioned the card, and Windows could only see the OS partition. It is not obvious how to undo this. However, when I plugged the card in to the nook while it was on, it identified it as an SD card, and asked if I wanted to format it. I said yes, and it redid the partition as a single partition for the full size of the card. So I'd say the answer is no, you don't need two cards.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by errtu View Post
so i'll root the nook color and add to it miui. after the process is done, will I be able to format the sd card and use it for storing books and whatever i want? or will it be unusable after that?

meaning, do i need two microsd's?
It depends on which root you use. If you are just using the SD card for the root process, then yes after you can re-format it and use the SD card to store content. If you want to run the root off of the SD card (so you aren't actually modifying the nook) then no you won't be able use the SD card for media.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Even if you run CM7 from the SD card, depending on the size of the card, there should be room left over for storage.

I run from an 8gb card, and I have roughly 5gb left over.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
errtu
errtu began at the beginning.

Device: none
thank you !!~!!
errtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert