Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
rabbischle
rabbischle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle wifi
Removing page numbers and spaces from Mobi files

hello to you all,
this forum is a big big help to me in managing my new kindle. I am German, my Enslish is not good and lots of your writing I do not manage to understand. Please forgive if I ask a question, which was answered already, then I did just not understand.

I have all my ebooks in mobi, but some of them are with big spaces between sentences or they have a page number in between and spaces as well. What must I do to get rid of these? I have most of my books changed from epub or pdf to mobi which worked great.

I do love this program and admire you for your work. I think, this is one of the most useful programs I ever worked with!!!! And I mean what I say - thank you for it!!!

greetings rabbischle
rabbischle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
rabbischle

thank you and sorry
Old 06-04-2011, 06:09 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbischle View Post
thank you and sorry
Nothing to be sorry about - just the moderator moving your question to a more appropriate forum.

In terms of fixing your problem, then the generic solution is to use the Calibre Search/Replace facility to find and fix the offending text. However that requires deriving appropriate regex expressions to identify the offending text which may not be that easy to work out.

Possibly an easier answer is to convert to ePub (if you have not already got the book in that format). and then use the Sigil ePub editor (which has an area of its own for any questions on using it in the mobileread forums) to fix the issues. You can then convert the ePub book to mobi for use on the Kindle. This might be a bit more labor intensive than the Search/Replace method but it much easier to actually carry out if you are not already familiar with using regex.

Last edited by itimpi; 06-04-2011 at 06:14 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
rabbischle

@ itimpi

thank you very much for your answer. You are right, using regex I have never heard of, but I will try the method in the Sigil epub editor in oneof the next days.
I will tell you then - and I am looking forward to it

now I am off for today - byeeeee
rabbischle
Advert