Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Read in store works on rooted 1.1!

Woah! I'm posting from my Nook color at a Barnes and Noble store after successfully using read-in-store on my 1.1 rooted nook.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
Driaz
Next Big Nothing
Driaz began at the beginning.

Device: nook, nook color(rooted)
Sweet! That's with the pre-root rom zip?

I did the clockworkmod recovery install and backed up, just now I feel safe from auto updates and was dragging my feet on the pre-root install.....may have to go ahead and get that going...
Driaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driaz View Post
Sweet! That's with the pre-root rom zip?
Yes.

Saw the in-store badges on books and read-in-store button and gave a try. Download wouldn't go at first. So tried to download a free book. That worked, then read-in-store downloaded. May be unrelated, but worth a try if downloading doesn't seem to start.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Nice......

Still not enough to convince me to go thru the trouble..... mine is too far away........
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I can confirm that read in store worked for me too after the update to 1.1. I am rooted. Actually, I am dual booting with froyo on the emmc, too.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #6
love2read1357
love2read1357 doesn't litterlove2read1357 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, Sony PRS-350
I have 1.1 now. Where are the instructions to root it? I would love to do it if I can keep the in-store feature.

Edit: I found how to do this in the Color 1.1 Update Prelim Review thread.

I'm still not sure what I'm doing but I'll keep reading.

Last edited by love2read1357; 02-01-2011 at 09:35 AM.
love2read1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #7
Driaz
Next Big Nothing
Driaz began at the beginning.

Device: nook, nook color(rooted)
I also can confirm Read In Store works via the pre-rooted 1.1 update. Not a big deal since there is nobody saying it doesn't work, but since this was the only original feature that didn't work with rooted nook colors, now that is also not an issue....

So, feel free to root your nook colors and enjoy all the B&N applications, but duck in fear for your life in case you will be thrown in prison for "illegally" modifying your devices operating system.....
Driaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I finally got around to my local B&N specifically to test in-store reading like I was going to do a week ago. I used the pre-rooted 1.1 using CWM and everything (including last book read button and market) have worked flawlessly.

Alas, in-store reading didn't work for me. I connected to the B&N network, pulled up 'Shop' and browsed but never saw the in-store badges or buttons or anything else.

Could I be missing something? I had originally auto-nootered, then used the pre-rooted 1.1 instead of going back to stock first. Anyone else have any thoughts?
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #9
AzB
AzB doesn't litterAzB doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Read in store doesn't work for me either. I used the older manual method for 1.1.

Az
AzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 AM   #10
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Was anyone able to read-in-store and then use a root file browser to find the file that downloaded.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote