Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
tasha326
tasha326 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ
Unhappy Parse Error when downloading apps on IQ

I keep getting this error when i try to download certain apps On my IQ (Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package ). Does anyone know why it would do that and if there is away around it.
tasha326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
May be the app is not designed to run on our Android version.

Unless we know which apps, we can't really help you.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
tasha326

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
May be the app is not designed to run on our Android version.

Unless we know which apps, we can't really help you.

Cheers
oh ok i was just wondering if there was a general reason why i would get that error.

I got it with winamp, um a weatherbug app, a couple of different games, and a few other ones i got off of android freeware.

Its probably what u said and its just not made for that type

Thank You!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
I downloaded winamp v. 0.9.2 form the market and it installed properly.

You may want to try again to see if it works as it works for me.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
tasha326

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
I downloaded winamp v. 0.9.2 form the market and it installed properly.

You may want to try again to see if it works as it works for me.

Cheers
Ok thank u i will try it again. Did you root yours? Mine is not rooted so that maybe why but i will try again.
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The parse error has nothing to do with the download process; rather it is the app installer's (obtuse) way of saying it doesn't know what to do with the file because it is meant for a newer version of Android only.
Rooting won't help unless you know exactly which parts of the newer version are needed and you can patch them in to create a frankendroid.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:09 AM   #7
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
if you root the device, you can "spoof" 2.2 by changing one line in one file with the root explorer app. see the top comment here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=112692&page=2

I've installed Adobe X and Alkido 2 since changing it in my PDN.
I don't know what it takes to root the IQ, but other than that, this is a 5 minute procedure.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook iq