Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
Panin
Panin began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Muse
Cybook to Kindle

My poor over used Cybook has given up the ghost, and I have replaced it with a Kindle.

Does any one have a quick and easy way of moving all my .mobi books over?

The hitch is that for some of the older ones I can't even remember where I bought them from, and the drm is proving a problem.

I have used calibre to make epubs so that I could read them on the ipod touch, but how do I use it to make azw files from mobi ones? Or do I need to use the epubs to make new un-drm'ed mobi ones?

Panin. (panicking!)
Panin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Mobi and azw are the same. If they don't have DRM, you can put them directly in the Kindle. If they have DRM you should "clean" them before passing them to the Kindle.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you can make ePubs with Calibre, then the Calibre MOBI version will already be DRM-free so it can be used "as is" on a Kindle.

There is a Calibre plugin for stripping MOBI DRM, so you may already be using this or perhaps you ran a command line Python script. If this does not sound familiar, go to Apprentice Alf's Blog for a refresher on DRM. The tools_v2.1 bundle is the easiest yet to use.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote