Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
New Computer

My desktop computer is where I store my ebooks. It passed away a week ago. I have the drive with all my books on saved, so that is not a problem. But there was no way to backup calibre itself when my computer went down.

So I know a long shot, but is there any way i can avoid loading hundreds of books back into calibre.

My head hurts at the thought. I know I was stupid, I have my books backed up six ways to sunday but forgot calibre.

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
As long as you have the folder that holds the Calibre library saved, then you are all good.

The folder contains the file metadata.db and a lot of subfolders for the authors and books.

You just copy it all at once from the backup over to the new computer, and connect to it from inside calibre the first time you run calibre on the new computer.

More details here:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ter-to-another
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
oh my goodness, thank you so very much. All my books showed right up. Weeks of putting them all back now just vanished. Lots of time for reading

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote