Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
greens
Connoisseur
greens began at the beginning.

Device: none
dark-yellow color on the screen?

hello friends! I have a Kobo Glo and I found it a wonderful device, it's really fast and have a great high resolution.

I have noticed that on the bottom of the screen, only when I turn the light on, I can see some kind of dark-yellow areas. those areas are only on the bottom. they are not super heavy but I do not like this. I wish to ask to you: is this a defect? what is his name? do the warranty covers the problem?

this is my sketch (I have not a camera), it is extremely exaggerated:

thank you!

Last edited by greens; 01-05-2013 at 09:38 PM.
greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It is normal for the light at the very bottom of the screen to be slightly uneven, a little brighter in 5 places where the LEDs are located and slightly darker between those points. But on my Glo the effect is hardly noticable, it does not extend up into the text, and it is not yellow or coloured at all, so it sounds like yours could have a defect.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #3
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Sounds like a defect to me aswell.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
greens
Connoisseur

well I did some research and I belive I have got a Kobo Glo with "uneven lighting" problems. do the warranty cover this issue? thx!
Old 01-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by greens View Post
well I did some research and I belive I have got a Kobo Glo with "uneven lighting" problems. do the warranty cover this issue? thx!
Not sure if the warranty covers uneven lighting but the LEDs are not going to cause a yellow stain on one part of your screen -- illuminate it yes, cause it no. My personal suspicion is that something has oozed into the screen area causing the discolouration. That's likely to be a cause for a warranty return... unless some sharp-nosed person goes "hmmm... why does this Kobo smell like Earl Grey tea?"

Last edited by DNSB; 01-06-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: This forum is prejudiced against Canadian spelling!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any chance you have left the protective film on?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
greens
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Any chance you have left the protective film on?
ahahah noooooo! ahahah! very funny !

edit.

do you know if the warranty cover 1 bright pixel for example? I need to know it because I have fear to send the kobo in assistance ad have one other new with another kind i f defect. bye!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greens View Post
do you know if the warranty cover 1 bright pixel for example? I need to know it because I have fear to send the kobo in assistance ad have one other new with another kind i f defect. bye!
Yes. Bright Pixels are a manufacturing defect. They are not actual pixels, but are defects in the light layer.

Take your Glo back to where you purchased it from.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
greens
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Yes. Bright Pixels are a manufacturing defect. They are not actual pixels, but are defects in the light layer.

Take your Glo back to where you purchased it from.
thx a lot friend!