Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #121
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Is there a place to see, in the control panel how many posts you have made? Or do you just have to look at your last post on a forum to figure it out?

BOb
No, not in the User CP, that I am aware of, BUT, you can, as you said, see that number on the left sidebar of any of your posts, like the one above...

p.s. you can also tap your avatar (or your name above it, in your case) and Select the Statistics tab for more info that may be useful for you!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #122
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Smile

Yea for me... 300+ posts!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #123
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Is there a place to see, in the control panel how many posts you have made? Or do you just have to look at your last post on a forum to figure it out?
I always look at one om my old posts. I don't see anything in the control panel, but you can also see the number of posts from your User Profile page (on the "Statistics" tab), but the only way I know to get to that is from one of your posts, so that's not much help.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:20 PM   #124
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I always look at one om my old posts. I don't see anything in the control panel, but you can also see the number of posts from your User Profile page (on the "Statistics" tab), but the only way I know to get to that is from one of your posts, so that's not much help.
It looks like you can go to User CP, then click on "Your Profile" from the left menu it gets you to the same place.

BOb
Old 04-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #125
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very nice! Thanks, BOb!
Old 04-14-2008, 07:10 PM   #126
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It looks like you can go to User CP, then click on "Your Profile" from the left menu it gets you to the same place.

BOb
Good one, or better still, without going to User CP, just tap on your name in the "Welcome.." greeting just underneath the User CP bar, at the far right.

This greeting appears on any page so now it is accessible anywhere!

Now we all can breath a sigh of relief...

This message is now complete!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #127
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:

BOb
Right click on your name, and select "Public Profile".
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #128
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
This is my 200th post. I know most of you are very impressed (as you should be), but please save your applause and just send money.

Thank you.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #129
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
This is my 200th post. I know most of you are very impressed (as you should be), but please save your applause and just send money.

Thank you.
PayPal for my $.03 is on its way.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #130
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
MR wiki top 20 pages exceed 10,000 hits

The Mobile Read wiki is really taking off. The top 20 pages all have better that 10,000 accesses. Here are the statistics which shows what people are interested in.

1 E-book Reader Matrix ‎(186,483 views)
2 Main Page ‎(73,943 views)
3 E-book conversion ‎(62,678 views)
4 Category:Sony Portable Reader (39,647)
5 Category:IRex iLiad (29,912)
6 HanLin eBook ‎(26,448 views)
7 Iliad Software ‎(23,258 views)
8 Book Designer ‎(20,929 views)
9 E-book devices ‎(20,613 views)
10 E-book formats ‎(19,613 views)
11 SunriseXP tutorial ‎(18,113 views)
12 ILiad: owners ‎(17,897 views)
13 Ultra-cheap sub-notebook matrix ‎(14,689 views)
14 ILiad Software Wishlist ‎(13,928 views)
15 Sony Reader hack ‎(12,488 views)
16 Iliad Memorycards list ‎(11,433 views)
17 PRS505 ‎(10,960 views)
18 E-book software ‎(10,574 views)
19 ILiad FAQ ‎(10,083 views)
20 Bookeen Cybook Gen3 ‎(10,057 views)
21 EBookwise-1150 Review ‎(9,926 views)
22 EBookwise-1150 ‎(9,490 views)

Comments:
The overall access to the wiki recently exceeded a million hits. It is currently at: 1,085,462

The number 1 page is referenced directly by hundreds of sites on the web according to google which is why it has so many hits.

We are almost at more than 20,000 hits for the top 10 pages.

Clearly people are interested in e-Ink devices but I included the Ebookwise as honorable mention since the review used to be the only page and the newer description page and original together represent a huge number of hits. iLiad is by far the best supported device in the wiki and the most referenced with 6 pages in the top 20.

The top 98 pages have more than 1,000 hits and some of the newer pages like the one on library access is moving up fast. It is only a few weeks old and already has more than 700 hits.

Congratulations to everyone who supports the wiki! Particularly you iLiad folks with some 30 pages.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #131
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The Mobile Read wiki is really taking off. The top 20 pages all have better that 10,000 accesses.
And a great testament to your own efforts, having authored and/or contributed therein about 2,000 times — I have my sources !

p.s. I haven't even scratched 200 wiki entries!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-16-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #132
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Great work, Dale. The wiki is incredibly useful and this is largely due to your efforts.

Also congratulations on your 200th post, Christine.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #133
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
And a great testament to your own efforts, having authored and/or contributed therein about 2,000 times — I have my sources !

p.s. I haven't even scratched 200 wiki entries!
Well there would be a lot less of my changes if I didn't make so many mistakes.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #134
NatCh
Gizmologist

My manager says mistakes only show that you're doing something, if you don't make any, you're probably not doing much.

I've got a great manager!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #135
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
My manager says mistakes only show that you're doing something, if you don't make any, you're probably not doing much.

I've got a great manager!
You wouldn't believe how much I've done in my life then. In fact, pretty much everything I've done in my life is one big "doing something" effort.

Cheers,
Marc (just a Betamax tape in life's VCR)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote