Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
deestew
deestew began at the beginning.

Device: augen the book
Augen thebook

I haven't got much patience--that's obvious. I downloaded one book to my Christmas ebook reader in the ePub format. Augen advertises that it reads ePub. But when I click on the icon, it says "unsupport format". I've called tech support at augen, but no one ever answers the phone. I've emailed and no one answers me back. The device seems to support pdf files. Is the answer to convert everything to pdf before transferring it to the reader? Any help would be appreciated.
deestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
I don't know much about Augen's The Book, but something that you should consider is, does the epub have DRM that the device doesn't support (I doubt it supports B&N DRM, but don't know)? You also may have to authorize the device with Adobe's Digital Editions software to get it to work. Like I said, I don't really know The Book so I'm just guessing here.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
West Virginia
Enthusiast
West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.West Virginia calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Augen The Book
My Augen supports non-DRM epub fine.
West Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
Billsey
Billsey began at the beginning.

Device: Augen The Book
You need to setup the Adobe Digital Editions account to use DRMed content. There should have been instructions included with The Book for doing it.
Billsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
happygirl
happygirl began at the beginning.

Device: 1st kindle
I will let you know what i find out. I just bought one of these for my nephew and am going to set it up so that he can check out books from our local libraries. I had to do the same thing with my Micro Cruz Reader, which works great as well.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
kb5auk
kb5auk began at the beginning.

Device: Augen "The Book"
Anyone know a source for the wall charger for the Augen "The Book"?
kb5auk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
deestew

augen ebookreader charger

Don't know of a source, but I will sell you a complete ebook reader for $10. No charge for postage. I got one for christmas and was completely frustrated.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #8
kb5auk

E-Book with charger

Sounds like a great deal. I'll take it. Consider it sold. Send me your email and I can pay you with paypal.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #9
deestew

ebook reader charger and more

My email is dee@kinzua.net
Old 07-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #10
kb5auk

Sent payment with Paypal. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb5auk View Post
Sent payment with Paypal. Thanks.
We have a PM (Private message) capability that should be used for this sort of things. Forums are for discussion.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #12
angleyessann
angleyessann began at the beginning.

Device: augen 7 ereader model eba 701
need help to down load new hardware j24750 usb bbot device driver i lost it and my free book can you help me
angleyessann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Power supplies can be bought through other outlets, radio shack, walmart etc.

Someone could post the output voltage and current capability from their power pack to know what to look for.

Augen is closed or not supporting the book I think, thus no response from support. See this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99898
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #14
kb5auk

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
Power supplies can be bought through other outlets, radio shack, walmart etc.

Someone could post the output voltage and current capability from their power pack to know what to look for.

Augen is closed or not supporting the book I think, thus no response from support. See this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99898
Never was able to find one at Walmart or Radio Shack. The output is easy to find, but the small plug on the end is smaller than any that I was able to find. Radio Shack was not able to help. Looked for one for a cell phone thinking it may be that small, but again, never found one the right size. Thanks for the suggestion though. Did purchase the extra book with plug from this thread, but still would like to have another plug for my other book.