Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2021, 04:24 PM   #196
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Cyber Monday online sales drop 1.4% from last year to $10.7 billion, falling for the first time ever

Color me not surprised, again. Retailers need to drop the pretense that Black Friday and Cyber Monday even exist. They killed both days when they instituted early sales at Black Friday pricing. Special days are meaningless when the sales now cover a period of some six to seven weeks.
Their extending it this year made sense because of worries about logistics and delivery slowdowns. If they went back to the best deals being available those two days, plus some slightly-less-awesome deals in the days leading up to Black Friday and over the weekend, then it'd be special again. Next year we'll hopefully not have all the logistics issues that we do now.

I'm about 99% certain they won't do that.

I think we can sum things up thusly: Retailers killed their golden goose that was Black Friday & Cyber Monday. Expect them to start whining about it, blaming everyone but themselves.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:19 AM   #197
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Next year: Black Friday Sales begin October 1st! lol!
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2021, 03:21 PM   #198
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
Next year: Black Friday Sales begin October 1st! lol!
Nah, that'll be Cyber Monday sales. Black Friday will start September 1st.

And Amazon Prime "Day" will be all of July.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #199
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Could be, but they said online sales were pretty high.

Some people like shopping in B&M stores. After my dad died I would take my mom pretty much anywhere she needed to go because she didn’t drive and she lived in a rural area where cabs were not an option. Whenever I took her to shop, she would happily go up and down every aisle, pick up and examine almost every item whether she wanted to buy it or not, and pretty much annoy me to death! I’m a get in, find item, get out quick shopper. But for mom it was a great adventure, and I understood that so I tried my best to never show my annoyance and lack of patience at being stuck in a store with her for hours. But a lot of people are more like I am in that they prefer to shop online and have stuff delivered. Even before the pandemic B&M stores were suffering. A lot of old chains like Sears have disappeared. A lot of people today just don’t have the time nor desire to go shopping at a B&M store.
This is me! I despise shopping and have for years. All my shopping is done online, it's quick, easy and I don't have to deal with people! The great thing about shopping online is you can do it when you want. If you come across a Christmas present in July, you can buy it in July, you don't have to wait for BF. So while fewer people may have shopped on BF, they might find that purchases are up for the year.

I can understand why B&M stores didn't go crazy with setting up for BF, they had no idea how many people may show up or more importantly NOT show up especially with this never ending pandemic still going on.

Even if I was a big B&M shopper, you couldn't pay me to go into any stores for hours on end right now!!!
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 06:58 AM   #200
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I have been in the jewelry business for over forty years now. I do not enjoy the Christmas Season. Christmas for me is very long hours working to get out the custom jobs for my customers. I do enjoy seeing the faces of my customers when they see the finished product for the first time, but the season itself has no joy for me. When my son was young, I would get up early and watch him open his gifts and then sleep most of the day. When he left home, I could just sleep. Now that we have grandchildren, I am back to getting up early again.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2021, 03:54 PM   #201
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 03:04 AM   #202
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon -- limited time offer

GET AN ECHO DOT FOR $0.99 -- new Echo device customers only

With Amazon Music subscription. Limited time offer. Terms and restrictions apply.

Quote:
This is a limited time offer of 1 month of Amazon Music Unlimited Individual Plan for $9.99 ($7.99 for Prime members only) and an Echo dot for $0.99, total price of $10.98 ($8.98 for Prime members only). Items must be purchased on a single order. Only first time device owners of an Amazon Echo device are eligible for this promotion. Current Echo device customers and Amazon Music subscribers are not eligible.
Offer Terms and Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    This is a limited time offer of 1 month of Amazon Music Unlimited Individual Plan for $9.99 ($7.99 for Prime members only) and an Echo dot for $0.99, total price of $10.98 ($8.98 for Prime members only). Items must be purchased on a single order. Only first time device owners of an Amazon Echo device are eligible for this promotion. Current Echo device customers and Amazon Music subscribers are not eligible. After the 1-month promotional term, your Amazon Music Subscription will automatically continue at the monthly price of $9.99 ($7.99 for Prime members) plus applicable taxes until you cancel. Offer good while supplies last. Use of Echo Dot is subject to the Alexa and Alexa Device Terms of Use. If you return your Echo product related to this offer, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product, subject to applicable refund policies. Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and promotional items. If you cancel your Amazon Music subscription, you will not receive a refund of any fees already paid. Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon.com (http://amazon.com/) Services LLC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	echo.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	190898  
Old 01-01-2022, 04:23 AM   #203
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

This thread is now unstuck, so start posting these deals in the Tablets, eReaders, Media Players thread.