Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-14-2019, 10:13 PM   #1
David Kudler
Enthusiast
David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
Sigil 0.9.18 crash on macOS Mojave?

Hey, I missed 0.9.14 —*jumped right into the post BookView world. ;-)

Downloaded and installed on my macOS 10.14.6 MacBook.... and can't get the damned thing to open. It crashes immediately every single time. I never get any verification/authentication dialogue; it never shows up in the security pane of my system prefs. Just bounces a couple of times, stops, and spits out an error (I've attached it).

Couldn't find anything in a quick search of the forum. Has anyone else had this problem? Did I miss something?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sigil Crash Error Message.txt (92.9 KB, 148 views)
David Kudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:57 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
It appears to be a corrupted sigil.ini file. The only thing I see in the backtrace is the QSettings destructor being called. Please do the following to save and move your sigil.ini files out of the way to see if that lets things start up properly.

In Teminal.app please do the following:

cd
cd "Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil"
mv sigil.ini sigil.ini.keep

Then exit out of Terminal.app and try to start up Sigil.
If it still segfaults, please post the crash report once again as it may have changed.

Last edited by KevinH; 11-14-2019 at 11:01 PM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2019, 04:17 PM   #3
David Kudler
Enthusiast
David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
THANKS!

That did it. I had a whole bunch of sigil.ini files with extra extensions —*I'm assuming older garbage left over from the crashes.

In any case, as soon as I had renamed the corrupted file, I was able to get Sigil up and running. Bless you.
David Kudler is offline   Reply With Quote