Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-21-2021, 12:36 PM   #1921
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You got me thinking about all of my McCammon ebooks. Years ago, I had a complete set of all his Kinnell (?) First editions in hardback. I still have one or two ARCs of Swan Song (in storage). Everything is in immaculate condition.

So, to compensate for my beloved books, I have numerous ebook incarnations, as shown below. The Pocket Books ebooks are (were) probably copied from PDFs, but I'm not certain. A couple of other titles were generously donated to me. The Open Road were all free, although the Subterranean Press titles were mostly purchased and perhaps some of them were free. (Perhaps some of them were at reduced prices; I can't remember.)

The Matthew Corbett Adventures #1 is the combined first two volumes put together utilizing epubmerge, along with the correct cover. Of course!

I've read (to my knowledge) ALL of his earlier published work - before his 20-odd year hiatus from publishing. It's most of the newer work that I have yet to read.

1. Baal - (Subterranean Press)
  2. Bethany’s Sin - (Subterranean Press)
  3. Bethany’s Sin - (Pocket Books)
  4. Blue World - (Pocket Books)
  5. The Border - (Subterranean Press)
  6. Boy’s Life - (Open Road)
  7. Cardinal Black - (Cemetery Dance)
  8. The Collected Stories of Robert R. McCammon - (?)
  9. Eat Me - (?)
  10. The Five - (Subterranean Press)
  11. Freedom of the Mask - (Subterranean Press)
  12. Gone South - (Open Road)
  13. The Hunter From The Woods - (Subterranean Press)
  14. I Travel By Night - (Subterranean Press)
  15. Last Train From Perdition - (Subterranean Press)
  16. The Listener - (Cemetery Dance)
  17. Matthew Corbett Adventures #1 - (Subterranean Press)
  18. Mine - (Open Road)
  19. Mister Slaughter - (Subterranean Press)
  20. The Monster Novels - (Open Road)
  21. Mystery Walk - (Open Road)
  22. The Night Boat - (Open Road)
  23. The Providence Rider - (Subterranean Press)
  24. The Queen of Bedlam - (Subterranean Press)
  25. The River of Souls - (Subterranean Press)
  26. Speaks The Nightbird - (Pocket Books)
  27. Stinger - (Open Road)
  28. Swan Song - (Open Road)
  29. Swan Song - (Pocket Books)
  30. They Thirst - (Open Road)
  31. They Thirst - (Pocket Books)
  32. Usher’s Passing - (Open Road)
  33. The Wolf’s Hour - (Open Road)
Looking at your list makes me almost sad that you are missing some of the Subterranean ones, even though the Open Road ones are better.

I didn't even know Pocket put out ebook editions, unless those are all PDF conversions.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 01:37 PM   #1922
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
(Two posts up)

Notice the differences in retail U.S. price, although they appear to be the same.

Not unusual, of course. Only noting.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2021, 01:40 PM   #1923
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Looking at your list makes me almost sad that you are missing some of the Subterranean ones, even though the Open Road ones are better.

I didn't even know Pocket put out ebook editions, unless those are all PDF conversions.

I think they may be PDF conversions. I've had them for years.

What Subterranean titles am I missing?
Old 11-22-2021, 09:06 AM   #1924
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Stolen from the sci-fi thread: The Stand by Stephen King - $1.99

Stevie's books don't usually stay on sale long, so get it while the getting is good.

Robert McCammon's Swan Song was also just on sale. It would make for a neat (or depressing) double feature.
*Tears out hair* Looks like I just missed it.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #1925
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What Subterranean titles am I missing?
The four I have are Baal, Bethany's Sin, The Night Boat and They Thirst.

I didn't see the Subterranean edition of They Thirst in your list.

I have both and would recommend the Open Road over the Subterranean.
Advert
Old 11-22-2021, 10:34 AM   #1926
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
*Tears out hair* Looks like I just missed it.
Yeah, I'm surprised any time a Stephen King book goes on sale. They don't usually last for long.
Old 11-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #1927
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The four I have are Baal, Bethany's Sin, The Night Boat and They Thirst.

I didn't see the Subterranean edition of They Thirst in your list.

I have both and would recommend the Open Road over the Subterranean.

Thank you.
Old 11-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #1928
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Another McCammon sale:

Mystery Walk by Robert McCammon is $1.99

Quote:
Born and raised in rural Alabama, Billy Creekmore was destined to be a psychic. His mother, a Choctaw Indian schooled in her tribe’s ancient mysticism, understands the permeable barrier between life and death—and can cross it. She taught the power to Billy and now he helps the dead rest in peace.

Wayne Falconer, son of one of the most fervent tent evangelists in the South, travels the country serving his father’s healing ministry. Using his unique powers to cure the flock, Little Wayne is on his way to becoming one of the popular and successful miracle workers in the country. He helps the living survive.

Billy and Wayne share more than a gift. They share a dream—and a common enemy. They are on separate journeys, mystery walks that will lead them toward a crossroad where the evil of their dreams has taken shape. One of them will reject the dark. The other will be consumed by it. But neither imagined just how monstrous and far-reaching the dark was, or that mankind’s fate would rest in their hands during an epic showdown of good versus evil.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:35 AM   #1929
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Yeah, I'm surprised any time a Stephen King book goes on sale. They don't usually last for long.
I've put it on ereaderiq now so I should catch it when/if it comes again.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:50 PM   #1930
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Hey guys, some Graham Masterton on sale. A mix of old and newer books.
Mirror - $0.99
Pariah - $0.99
Black Angel (aka Master of Lies) - $1.99
The Children God Forgot (this is a sequel to Ghost Virus)
Community - $1.99
Drought - $1.99
Figures of Fear - $1.99 (short stories)
Old 11-29-2021, 09:08 PM   #1931
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Mirror was creepy, read that one.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:02 PM   #1932
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
Mirror was creepy, read that one.
I will. I pick up Graham Masterton books as they go on sale, because he's one of those authors I used to see on the shelves all the time and because Open Road regularly lists his stuff for $2. But so far, I've only read Charnel House and watched the movie of The Manitou (which was a hoot!).

One I'm really curious about is Walkers (because the old cover of a brick-man grabbing at people intrigued me) and Ritual aka Feast because of a discussion about it here.

Right now, I'm reading Season of Passage by Christopher Pike. It is in the process of being turned into a movie by a director I really like and for once, I want to be ahead of the curve.

It was available as an ebook, but curiously is no longer available. Seems like now is the time to sell the book with a Soon To Be A Major Motion Picture slapped on the cover.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:36 PM   #1933
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix is $2.99 at Amazon US.

I read Hendrix's(?) Horrorstör and while I enjoyed it, it felt like too much sizzle, not enough steak.

Quote:
From the New York Times best-selling author of The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires comes a hard-rocking, spine-tingling horror novel.

Every morning, Kris Pulaski wakes up in hell. In the 1990s she was lead guitarist of Dürt Würk, a heavy-metal band on the brink of breakout success until lead singer Terry Hunt embarked on a solo career and rocketed to stardom, leaving his bandmates to rot in obscurity.

Now Kris works as night manager of a Best Western; she’s tired, broke, and unhappy. Then one day everything changes—a shocking act of violence turns her life upside down, and she begins to suspect that Terry sabotaged more than just the band. Kris hits the road, hoping to reunite Dürt Würk and confront the man who ruined her life. Her journey will take her from the Pennsylvania rust belt to a celebrity rehab center to a satanic music festival.

A furious power ballad about never giving up, We Sold Our Souls is an epic journey into the heart of a conspiracy-crazed, pill-popping, paranoid country that seems to have lost its very soul.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #1934
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum is $1.99 at Amazon US.

This is a modern classic of horror fiction, but be warned, it also has a reputation for being a brutal read. I haven't read it yet because of its reputation. And it is based on a true story.

Quote:
A teenage girl is held captive and brutally tortured by neighborhood children. Based on a true story, this shocking novel reveals the depravity of which we are all capable.

This novel contains graphic content and is recommended for regular readers of horror novels.

THE GIRL NEXT DOOR is alive...it does not just promise terror but actually delivers it.. it's a page-turner.. --Stephen King
Old 12-03-2021, 09:45 PM   #1935
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
The Ash: If Guy Ritchie made an alien invasion horror movie it would look like The Ash. (Fright Nights) by Dan Soule
Amazon US $0.99

Quote:
You know the drill: mushroom clouds, end of the world, only the clichés survive. This isn't that...

Even on the day of his divorce, Constable Jim Castle just wants to get back to his family, but no one can risk going outside. Not anymore. Worse still, when the fallout starts, Jim is hostage to a gang of armed thieves in a rundown farmhouse. Their plan is simple: wait it out as the radioactive ash piles higher and try not to kill each other. But they don't have to worry about any of that. Because all their assumptions about what caused the end of the world are about to be snatched away - like a body into the ash.

A blend of The Road meets Alien in the English countryside, The Ash is a breakneck horror ride. Another of Dan Soule's Fright Night tales, where even if one man can face his demons, it still might not be enough. So turn the page and get pulled screaming into... The Ash.
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote