Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-08-2015, 06:44 PM   #1
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
TO MODS: KOreader section in Mobileread forum?

Hello.

I see KOreader is a very promising project that deserves a lot more attention. I'm afraid it could end like OpenInkpot and die progressively because lack of collaboration and a defined community behind it. The quantity of ffeatures along with the joining of different pieces of sofrware (crengine, for example), makes it very interesting.

The original author @buggins likes the idea of unforking crengine/cool reader.

Here are some candidates to move to this KOreader section. I would suggest create one per device, specially if KOreader Team accepts this forum as the official one

KOReader: a document reader for PDF, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, CBZ, ... (AGPLv3)

Cool Reader for Kobo

Snapshots of NiLuJe's hacks

Koreader running on Kobos (all of them, hopefully!)

how to install koreader

Sync side loaded books across devices?

KoReader

Koreader (latest install instructions) on H2O

KOreader on Android

KOReader

Koreader (latest install instructions) on H2O

Last edited by timofonic; 12-08-2015 at 07:05 PM.
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See Can we please have a separate forum section for Koreader?

It seemed that action was happening, but it stalled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Working on it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Should this post be merged? What to do to revive the discussion? Please, I want KOreader to have a stronger community!
Old 12-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
timofonic
Zealot

Any news?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:52 PM   #5
timofonic
Zealot

Are there anyone alive here? :P
Old 12-31-2015, 01:39 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
There is now a KOReader forum. Ken Maltby has agreed to to moderate the forum. I have moved some of the suggested threads to the new forum. If anything else needs moving, let me know.

I hope KOReader goes from strength to strength in 2016!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:56 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
pdurrant - why do some of those threads not show in the KOReader subforum, even though going to the thread it is listed as being in the KOReader subforum?

e.g.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=240617
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254659

Now to go through the Kindle subforums and transfer the KOReader threads over -- if I can find them.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:25 PM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Both threads seems correctly placed to me. They will still have redirects from their original location - perhaps that's confusing you? The redirects expire in a week.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:40 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, what is confusing me is that they aren't (for me) listed at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=276

I've been around long enough to know what a redirect looks like.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:44 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I can see them both there. They have both been made sticky.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:08 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wondering why it has been put where it is - I've clicked it twice when I wanted Sigil. I don't use KOReader.

IMO it would be better to put it after Writer2ePub.

Men are more likely to be spatially oriented than women -- so I could argue sex discrimination -- but I won't :lol:
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:09 PM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I have no idea how the order of forums in a section is determined.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:06 PM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
No, what is confusing me is that they aren't (for me) listed at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=276
Dur. They were on my ignore list...

... you can ignore me now...

Tags
android, ebook, eink, ereader, koreader