Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-05-2020, 04:56 AM   #1
MobiMikes
MobiMikes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Split filename into seperate tags

Hi, I would very much appreciate some help with extracting data from filenames and placing that data in tags.

This is a newly created library I am using to catalogue various documents, receipts, etc. rather than E-Books.

The filenames are in the format

2020-03-26_Descriptive title.pdf

After some research it would appear that Metadata Plugboard is the way to proceed.

I want to add the date extracted from the filename added to the Date field (or would it have to be a custom tag?) and the remainder of the filename (excluding "_" and file extension) added to the Title field.

How exactly would I need to set the plugboard up? (I'm a total beginner as regards plugboards and Regex)

Many thanks!

Mike
MobiMikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The plugboard is for Device metadata. Forces field values INTO a regular DEVICE metadata field.

You want
Preferences: Adding books: Use a RE that will parse your filename (at import)
( My skills at this usage is lousy )

do not tick 'read from file contents'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice

@MobiMikes - please don't hijack other peoples threads, especially for completely unrelated issues. See Guideline #2

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote