Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-17-2019, 03:54 AM   #1
Jpsi
Jpsi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 2
Cover including usb keyboard for Max 3 or note 2

Hi all,

I just bought a Max 3, and I am still hesitating between the Max and the Note 2. I choose the Max because of the secondary monitor option, but at the moment it's quite disapointing (show up black and white, and I can't manage to find a good resolution apparently).

I want to build a situation where I can use a keyboard to work and type on my e-ink device. Ideally, I would love to find a cover which incluse a good keyboard, somehing like this :
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Slim.../dp/B07PHVY3XM

I can't find anything where the Max 3 will fit (so 13.3 inch).

For the note, apparently it's much easy to find, like something like this;
https://www.amazon.com/Navitech-Keyb...6572721&sr=8-4

Any advice ? Do you guys know a good alternative ?
Ideally, using the micro usb c would be perfect for me, in landscape mode.

Thanks !
Jpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 01:51 AM   #2
Jpsi

Maybe someone is running into the same problem, so here are my conclusion after extensive search on the internet.

For the Max 3, I couldn't find a cover + keyboard. I think the best choice would be to only get a fix keyboard, and I would suggest this one:
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...oard?crid=1221

For the Note 2, I think that this next one would be a pretty good choice:
https://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/produ...case?crid=1221

If any of you knows a better solution (or an alternative solution, or even feedback on the solutions mentioned above), your feedback would be very much appreciated

Based on this I will probably give the Max 3 back and take the Note 2, as portability is kind of important for me.

ps: by the way, apparently bluetooth is much easier to find that usb type C, and do not use too much power, so I think getting a bluetooth keyboard is a better way to go than trying to find a usb keyboard. That's why I changed a bit my search.

Last edited by Jpsi; 12-19-2019 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:13 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpsi View Post
Maybe someone is running into the same problem, so here are my conclusion after extensive search on the internet.

For the Max 3, I couldn't find a cover + keyboard. I think the best choice would be to only get a fix keyboard, and I would suggest this one:
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...oard?crid=1221

For the Note 2, I think that this next one would be a pretty good choice:
https://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/produ...case?crid=1221

If any of you knows a better solution (or an alternative solution, or even feedback on the solutions mentioned above), your feedback would be very much appreciated

Based on this I will probably give the Max 3 back and take the Note 2, as portability is kind of important for me.

ps: by the way, apparently bluetooth is much easier to find that usb type C, and do not use too much power, so I think getting a bluetooth keyboard is a better way to go than trying to find a usb keyboard. That's why I changed a bit my search.
Im using original cover and if needed this or this keyboard
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:52 AM   #4
Jpsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Im using original cover and if needed this or this keyboard
Ah thanks !

I see that they both use bluetooth 3.0 protocols. Can you confirm that bluetooth 3.0 is working with the bluetooth 4.1 of the Onyx Boox Max 3 (and/or Note 2, as they have the same BT procotol) ?

Has anyone ever tried to use a iPad keyboard for the Onyx Boox (Android) ? The vendors claim that this will not work, but if anyone who tried can confirm I would be glad.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpsi View Post
Can you confirm that bluetooth 3.0 is working with the bluetooth 4.1 of the Onyx Boox Max 3 (and/or Note 2, as they have the same BT procotol) ?
They are working with all my BT>=3.0 devices.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
I ordered this Keyboard

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

also got the MS wedge used from classifieds site, as it was cheap and it has a cover which can be used as a stand. I am using MS Surface typecover for my PC and I hope it has a similar quality.

Still waiting both to be delivered (Holiday season)
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:06 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Using the touchpad will not be a pleasure on a slow screen - the cursor does not slide, it jumps.
I use the pen
Old 01-22-2020, 03:43 PM   #8
Jpsi

Bluetooth Keyboard solution I found

Hi all,

Here are a couple of pictures I took before I returned the device for a more portable version.

I found the Logitech K780 fantastic with the device, so maybe this setup can be also interesting for somebody:

And here is how it fits in landscape mode. I also used it in portrait mode without any problem, it couldn't really fall even on my laps:

Hope this can help someone someday. Just to be clear, it's a bluetooth keyboard, so not a usb as the name of the first post suggest.

It's a very nice setup if you are look at a e-ink typing device that can connect to the web and sync every documents.

Last edited by Jpsi; 01-22-2020 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 03:59 PM   #9
Jpsi

Bluetooth Keyboard solution I found

Hi all,

Here are a couple of pictures I took before I returned the device for a more portable version.

Here is the device:
https://i.imgur.com/IXz8ON2

I found the Logitech K780 fantastic with the device, so maybe this setup can be also interesting for somebody:
https://imgur.com/Qc0JzoL

And here is how it fits in landscape mode. I also used it in portrait mode without any problem, it couldn't really fall even on my laps:

Hope this can help someone someday. Just to be clear, it's a bluetooth keyboard, so not a usb as the name of the first post suggest.

It's a very nice setup if you are look at a e-ink typing device that can connect to the web and sync every documents.

Last edited by Jpsi; 01-22-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #10
Jpsi

Pfff, double post somehow, and still the images are missing.

Let me try the last one last time, and sorry about the first 2 posts, I can't change them apparently now.

In attachement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-WA0001.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	176595  
Old 06-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #11
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
How is the delay when typing on the Max 3? Is it actually usable?
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote