Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-30-2022, 10:14 AM   #1
spanishguy
spanishguy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Exporting Converted EPUB to Kindle Failure

Since Amazon have now begun accepting EPUB I have tried to send several documents from my PC to my Amazon account using this format. It looks like the ones I have at some stage converted using Calibre are refused by Amazon. I checked it out by using EPUB format originals and they send and arrive no problem, but if I then convert them using Calibre and resend them they fail. I have checked all my settings and they appear to be ok, I always try to use the default settings in Calibre but am open to suggestions. I have a load of MOBI docs that I will need to transfer at some stage so looking for a long term solution.
spanishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Plug your kindle into your computer with calibre running and click the send to device button.

As for email EPUB delivery, read the faq: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-of-mobi-files
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:22 PM   #3
spanishguy

Thanks, I know I can do that but I just like to backup using Amazons cloud storage. I'll certainly have a read of that link. Cheers
Old 07-02-2022, 11:42 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Amazon's Cloud storage isn't a backup!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:34 AM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
While I agree that it probably shouldn't be your only backup, it certainly can be one of them. I have all of my books in multiple places - in Amazon's cloud, on the local hard drive on my PC, in my carbonite backup, on an external hard drive used for backups of my PC, and on a thumb drive that I carry with me. I do recognize that not everyone is as backup crazy as I am, though.

Just the fact that someone mentions that they have *any* sort of backup makes me happy...I've spent way too much time over the years trying to recover files from people's failed hard drives because they didn't think they needed a backup, or, worse, they knew that they needed one, but "hadn't gotten around to it yet".

Any backup is better than no backup.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 05:26 AM   #6
spanishguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I am aware of that, so it's not my only backup place, I also back up to a dedicated hard drive on my PC and 2 external ssd's.

The reason I like Amazon is that I frequently send stuff to family members and close friends using Calibre and it's easy.

I appreciate the answers given to my query and thank those that took the trouble to read and reply.