Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-03-2022, 04:49 PM   #1
Alex305
Connoisseur
Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Alex305 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11Th
How can I easily find books from KOReader?

Hi guys I'm new to use KOReader, I like it lots settings and more(maybe too much for me ) any way as the title, how can I easily find books from KOReader

Because fo far I must enter into the folder downloads and find by title ...lots steps before find a book, maybe there is some cool plugin to let easier the research and more userfriendly .

I mean like file browser, something to search by author , gender, ecc..like Kindle library stock software for example could be nice.

Thanks
Alex305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:10 PM   #2
thundermonkey
thundermonkey began at the beginning.

Device: PW3, PW4, PW5
A bit late response: if you make use of Calibre - to tag your books, load them onto your Paperwhite, and transfer over metadata - the KOReader browsing options become vastly superior to the Kindle stock options.
  • Calibre loads books on the device under author folders (by default), so the KOReader filebrowser allows you to easily browse by author's last name.
  • The 'Calibre metadata search' feature allows you to 'Browse tags'. If you preface the most useful tags with a character (e.g. #Fiction-Historical, #Science) and limit the number of these tags, you get them listed in the first few pages of your tag browsing. To browse by gender include tags like #Female.
  • You can also 'Browse series' via metadata search.
I don't know of a built-in way to browse by title, but you can use the 'file search' feature to look for a period, and the result will be a list of all your book files in alphabetical order. If Calibre names the book files on the device with their title first, this produces a sorted list of titles. Although there is no ability to then jump to a particular letter, you can jump to a page of that list.
thundermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote