Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-30-2022, 10:31 AM   #1
4528left
4528left began at the beginning.

Device: none
Will Amazon release a new Kindle device in 2022?

Hello guys, I'm a new/ old member.I'm thinking of upgrading my 2015 paperwhite kindle with the 2021 singature edition. I'm wondering though if Amazon will release a new premium device this Autumn. From what you've heard and read, is it a good move to upgrade now or should I wait?

By the way I've seen the Onyx Boox Note Air 2 device and it's really great. The latest 2 Plus has also a larger battery. Besides my basic kindle for reading ebooks I'd consider a larger 10.3" for textbooks and scientific papers. How possible would it be for Amazon to release a larger premium e-note/reader device?
4528left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:13 PM   #2
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
If you're gonna use it for textbooks and papers, I wouldn't suggest going the Kindle route.
Amazon is too closed off for that, and they probably wouldn't offer customizations and freedom those big android-based e-inks do (if they do end up releasing a 10" device).

I personally don't have the signature edition, but from what I've read on this forum, it seems to be like a great device and would be good for many years to come (although I won't probably upgrade to it or any kindle device in the future).

If you really want a Kindle upgrade, maybe get the non-signature edition so you can have more budget towards a larger e-ink device.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For textbooks and papers, I suggest at least a 10" tablet.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote