Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-18-2018, 07:27 AM   #1
Edwin49
Edwin49 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Xperia Z1 with Moon+ Reader
Display on UHD (4k) monitors

It is not a great thing, but as the constellation I use may not be used very often I thought it makes sense to report it.

I have two monitors: a 23"/HD and a 27"/UHD where the second one extends the first one.. In the Windows 10 settings the first one is configured to use 100% scaling for text, apps and other elements while the second one is set to 150%.

When I move windows from the primary to the secondary screen the window is enlarged to 150% and shrinked to 100% when moved back. This is true for all applications I used so far - except Sigil.

In Sigil the font changes for the menues, buttons and headers, but the corresponding fields do not resize (clipping the strings) and the icons in the toolbars also remain the same. Also some lines in the Book Browser get bigger while most of them remain small. The attached screen capture shows the problem.

I guess this problem also occures on single schreen systems when the scaling is set to a value other than 100%

Edwin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil-Window.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	164532  

Last edited by Edwin49; 06-18-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Edwin49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I assume this is Windows right? Please see this issue on Sigil's github site and try some of the approaches suggested there to find something that might work for you.

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil/issues/310
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:28 PM   #3
Edwin49
Edwin49 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Xperia Z1 with Moon+ Reader
It works, thanks

Sorry, I only searched in this forum.

The trick with setting the "Override high DPI scaling behaviour" to be performed by "System (Enhanced)" in the sigil.exe properties did it.

Edwin
Edwin49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:44 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Great! Thanks for reporting back. Perhaps I should make a sticky thread with that information so it's available here on the forum, too.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I'm unable to find such a property. Is it on a specific tab??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:02 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's property on Windows 10, I believe. It's on the compatibility tab when you right-click on sigil.exe. It's not a Sigil setting, if that's what you're thinking.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-18-2018 at 07:05 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Ah, yes. There it is.
  • Right click on sigil.exe
  • select properties
  • select compatibility tab
  • select 'Change high DPI setttings' button
  • at the bottom check the box for 'Override High DPI scaling behavior.'
  • Select 'System (Enhanced)' as the method for 'Scaling performed by:'

Thanks!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote