Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
janetz
janetz began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
Calibre Doesnt detect my ipad2

I dont understand whats happened. Calibre no longer detects my ipad. It shows no device. It was working the other night until I updated my calibre and now nothing? Can anyone help with this please?
Thanks
janetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
How old was your previous calibre version?
Does calibre still detect itunes?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
How old was your previous calibre version?
I think this may be a clue to why there are "issues" now for some of us. There was a point at which my calibre and stanza talked to each other very nicely. Then, it stopped (so I've now put most of my books in my sugarsync web archive). Nothing else changed. Still using the same hardware, same modem/router, and the same software. Logically, it all should just work, but it doesnt.

Additionally, it seems that this failure occurs at different times for different people, and probably depends on the OS, the computer and the network hardware used, as well as the phone/ipad software, the calibre version etc. There are a lot of variables which cannot possibly be accounted for by one man doing his coding. Kovid Goyal does an absolutely magnificent job.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote