Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
macthekitten
Enthusiast
macthekitten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macthekitten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macthekitten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS700
Send to device? Please don't kill me :)

I did read through some threads on this topic, but none were helpful to my situation.

I have a Mac, using OS X

I have a new 700 series Sony reader (yahoooo!)

I did NOT install the disk that came with it for windows

I have the newest Calibre

The books are in Calibre, they're converted to the right format, I've highlighted a bunch of them, but the "send to device" thingie is greyed out and taunting me.

I cheated and just copied them manually to the reader and they work fine, but I don't really want to do it for each book

Any thoughts? umm please keep in mind I like devices because they're cool and shiny LOL I'm not much of a tech
macthekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by macthekitten View Post
I have a new 700 series Sony reader (yahoooo!)
I don't think calibre supports the 700 yet. You can use Send to Disk instead of send to device. But... that won't create collections.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does support the 700. WHat version of calibre are you using?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:54 AM   #4
macthekitten
Enthusiast
macthekitten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macthekitten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.macthekitten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

oh ok, that explains it I downloaded the most recent version of Calibre thinking that would do it

I can just use the send to disk -- actually, I just dropped a few pdf files in there plain as day from just a download folder and they worked just great

the 700 is so fun BTW, i love turning the page with a swipe on the screen LOL

thanks anyway !

ummmmm i know a lot of crazy hard work went into making Calibre, but is it wrong of me to like the cutie book icon the best?? LOL
Old 12-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #5
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Calibre is working fine with my 700 on OS X... Not able to help much as I just plugged it in and it all worked here.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
calibre does support the 700. WHat version of calibre are you using?
Oh... nice. I must have missed that announcement/release note.

BOb
Old 12-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:

ummmmm i know a lot of crazy hard work went into making Calibre, but is it wrong of me to like the cutie book icon the best?? LOL
Yeah that icon is a favorite of mine as well
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I love the little shih tzu (or lhasa?) in your picture. My two say HI to yours!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #9
macthekitten
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
Calibre is working fine with my 700 on OS X... Not able to help much as I just plugged it in and it all worked here.

grrrr why is working for you?? no fairsies!!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #10
macthekitten
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I love the little shih tzu (or lhasa?) in your picture. My two say HI to yours!

Her name is Sadie and she's not mine, but I babysit her

I want a Shiba Inu after being addicted to that Puppy Cam! hehehe

wow off topic much? LOL
Old 12-27-2008, 05:41 PM   #11
macthekitten
Enthusiast

IT WORKS NOW!! I don't know why or how, it just does. I thought I'd post it because, clearly, you've all been worried sick for me heheh

yay! thanks again
Old 12-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
IT WORKS NOW!! I don't know why or how, it just does. I thought I'd post it because, clearly, you've all been worried sick for me heheh

yay! thanks again
YEA! I will certainly be able to sleep tonight now.

BOb