Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
The potter versions are coming with covers??
Yep, Potter-branded covers but initial rumors suggest the reader itself wouldn't have any branding. Oh well, all those are just rumors thus far.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Yep, Potter-branded covers but initial rumors suggest the reader itself wouldn't have any branding. Oh well, all those are just rumors thus far.

That reminds me of the "special" edition Eat, Pray, Love Sony Reader. It was just the silver 300 with a coupon and a different cover than sold in the stores. Not a big deal in my opinion. But being a very big Harry fan, it depends on exactly what that cover looks like.

I'm torn. I initially thought, meh, I love my 5", I love the metal case, don't want plastic, not that different from the 350 etc....I just love new toys. LOL I had hoped they'd make a special Harry themed reader but was reminded of the Eat, Pray, Love & the Breast Cancer bundles - same readers bundled with a special case & ebook coupon.

Last edited by Shopaholic; 08-31-2011 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Correct name of the book.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I'm torn. I initially thought, meh, I love my 5", I love the metal case, don't want plastic, not that different from the 350 etc....I just love new toys. LOL I had hoped they'd make a special Harry themed reader but was reminded of the Eat, Pray, Love & the Breast Cancer bundles - same readers bundled with a special case & ebook coupon.
That could still be the case. I looked at their Special Edition bundles and they have two with the actual devices skinned:
James Patterson Special Edition
Debbie Macomber Special Edition

Majority, though, just came with nice covers.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:53 PM   #19
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
^ Heh. A nice HP-themed skin (in matte) might hide the plastic gloss nicely. A skin sounds plausible. Much cheaper to manufacture, surely?
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It is about damn time Sony got serious.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 PM   #21
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
That could still be the case. I looked at their Special Edition bundles and they have two with the actual devices skinned:
James Patterson Special Edition
Debbie Macomber Special Edition

Majority, though, just came with nice covers.
True but those are the 505's which I believe came out in 2006 or 2007. Everything afterwards was just a different cover with the standard reader. You never know though.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:49 PM   #22
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
True but those are the 505's which I believe came out in 2006 or 2007. Everything afterwards was just a different cover with the standard reader. You never know though.
It's Harry Potter. Given all the fans who'll shell out money just because it's a Harry Potter collectible despite the fact they'll never actually use the device or read the ebooks, I would hope Sony would be smart enough to capitalize on that and create a really special looking reader.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:57 AM   #23
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
It's Harry Potter. Given all the fans who'll shell out money just because it's a Harry Potter collectible despite the fact they'll never actually use the device or read the ebooks, I would hope Sony would be smart enough to capitalize on that and create a really special looking reader.
Yes. That's the only things that will make me buy the reader. Having an orizion i'm quitte happy with right now.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:53 AM   #24
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
What need buttons ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Everybody is eventually going to get rid of page turn buttons that are in an ergonomic spot to be operated by either thumb, aren't they? Aren't they!?
Another small piece of me has died.
I find I rarely use the buttons - a gentle touch/swipe [always important in all walks of life, don't you think?], of minimal distance, with whatever thumb's in the right place at the time, on the 650 or 350, seems to work for me.

[ 'Course, that could go to prove buttons are unnecessary anyway on a touchscreen - but we are an old-fashioned lot at heart I s'pose...... ]

[Make that decent touchscreen.....]

It's probably pandering to Mankind's basic "belt & braces" attitudes.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:55 AM   #25
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
My post has apparently been forwarded from the tickers@tickerfactory or somesuch - what's that all about then, anyone know ?
Haven't noticed it before.......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:04 AM   #26
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
So 165 Euro at Sony converts to 149$. @#$!@#$%^^!#$#!@#$!!!
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:41 AM   #27
901hw
Connoisseur
901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is

Device: Trekstor Pyrus Mini, PB Touch Lux 2, Onxy Boox C67ML (maybe))
I just wish they would keep the 5'' inch form factor too but maybe (hopefully) thats still coming. Especially as this reader is even longer (though thinner) than the 650. My 650 is just a bit big for me.
901hw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:04 AM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
So 165 Euro at Sony converts to 149$. @#$!@#$%^^!#$#!@#$!!!
Sony has to compete against the $114/$139 Kindle, $139 Nook, and $129 Kobo. It can't do that charging over $230.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:09 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The UK Sony Store is now listing the T1, but says:

Quote:
Sorry, price information for this product is not currently available
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:24 AM   #30
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
It is about damn time Sony got serious.
If Sony were serious, they'd integrate their e-book store with the rest of the Sony stores and electronic devices. Granted, I'm not sure many people would want to read books on a TV via their PS3, but why not the PSP (and its upcoming successor, the Vita*)? They should have done that years ago. Even now it's not too late, with a budget model PSP aimed at Europe

* Presumably that will be able to run the Android reader app Sony has, but you never know...
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote