Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
sheppy124
sheppy124 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs505
How to get digital editions working uk version

Hi,

A bit confused with digital editions. Got the wife the 505. As she will be buying most of her books from waterstones here in the uk, she would like to use the adobe editions. Though on the website it keeps pointing you to download and upload the firmware, which I dont want to do as the uk one is different. We also havent loaded the sony lib ver 2.3 either do we need to load this up first. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Sheppy
sheppy124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheppy124 View Post
We also havent loaded the sony lib ver 2.3 either do we need to load this up first. Any help much appreciated.
Yes, you need to install the Sony eLibrary software in order to register your Sony to your AdobeID via Digital Editions.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sony eLibrary
Ahem... Sony eBook Library...

Or are we going to start calling the Reader the eReader?
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Ahem... Sony eBook Library...

Or are we going to start calling the Reader the eReader?
Yawn.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:09 AM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yawn.

BOb
It all sounds theoretical until you see the Sony eBook Library article on Wikipedia.. which needs some filling out by the way.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #6
sheppy124
sheppy124 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs505
Many thanks, all up and running.
sheppy124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 AM   #7
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheppy124 View Post
she will be buying most of her books from waterstones here in the uk
I also live in the UK and if possible avoid buying any eBooks from waterstones. There have been 2 instances where I have bought and this was ONLY because I couldn't get them anywhere else (other than WHSmith which was even more expensive!)

In my opinion, when you get the books, the formatting isn't fantastic although it is readable. The biggest problem is the price of the books!!

Personally I use Fictionwise. I download books in "Secure Microsoft Reader" format and then strip the DRM so I can convert it to LIT format. The best thing about using Fictionwise is that they have a rebate offer which varies from book to book (they have some at the moment with a 100% rebate - gutted as I bought a book for $50 with a 5% rebate and it is now 100% a few days later). After buying a book, you get a rebate banked which you can then use to buy other books - I have just used mine to buy all 7 of the 'Dark Tower' books... Something you would never be able to do with Waterstones...

I'm not sure if I can give details on how to strip the DRM so I won't. It isn't hard to find the info though - took me about 10 minutes!

Enjoy the reader - I am loving it
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote