Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-27-2021, 11:34 AM   #2896
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I ended up binge reading Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic based on @worktolive's recommendation , and then the Firebrand ones (love KU), and liked both series a lot. I think I liked Lazy Girl a tad more - the "lazy" thing is just so amusing - but they were all good fun. There's also a spin-off Wolfbrand series, only two books so far, which actually kind of interleaves with the later Firebrand books.
The Wolfbrand series is in the same Supernatural London world as Firebrand, the first one was free just a few weeks ago.

I'm loving KU too! I had thought I'd do the free month and splash around in it for a few weeks then go back to the TBR mountain but there are some real gems in it! Annette Marie's Guild Codex Universe is well worth a month's subscription fee all on its own. KU has come a very long way in the past few years, at least in the UF/PNR realm that I've been exploring. I still have a list of a couple dozen authors to try so it will be at least another month before taking a KU hiatus. I'm happy to throw my $10 into the author compensation pot, they definitely deserve it.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #2897
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
One of the other contemporary authors I sometimes read is Susan Elizabeth Phillips, although her books tend to be a bit pricey for me, and don't go on sale often. Now a couple of her books are on sale for $1.99 in the US. It Had to Be You is the first in her Chicago Stars series, which is the first book of hers I read. I pretty much like all the books I've read in this series. And What I Did for Love is the fifth in her Wynette, Texas series. I've only read one book in this series, and was less fond of it, although not bad. Anyway, here are the links:

It Had to Be You (there is an earlier edition as well, so check carefully before you buy)
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C0UHK56/
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00C0UHK56/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/it-had-to-be-you-4

What I Did for Love
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NLKS0C/
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001NLKS0C/
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/what-i-did-for-love
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2021, 12:37 AM   #2898
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Spent a few hours today updating my To Buy list and pruned my Auto Buy list. Mostly removed authors who haven't published anything in five or more years, but also a few I used to love but no longer read as much.

Not like I can't buy a new release that really catches my interest.

A few I kept in the hopes they will publish again (Julie James, Lauren DM Smith)

I usually review/revise my lists toward the end of the year. but I felt like doing so early.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:22 AM   #2899
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Spent a few hours today updating my To Buy list and pruned my Auto Buy list. Mostly removed authors who haven't published anything in five or more years, but also a few I used to love but no longer read as much.

Not like I can't buy a new release that really catches my interest.

A few I kept in the hopes they will publish again (Julie James, Lauren DM Smith)

I usually review/revise my lists toward the end of the year. but I felt like doing so early.
I think I have very few auto-buy anymore, and I've trimmed a bit this year too.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:26 PM   #2900
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think I have very few auto-buy anymore, and I've trimmed a bit this year too.
Yeah, I am down to 5 or 6 true auto-buys.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2021, 07:06 PM   #2901
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I am personally not much of a fan of MC Beaton, either her mysteries or her romances, but on the way to other things, I noticed an omnibus of seven titles in her Royal Ambition series, on sale for $1.99. The titles include: The Dreadful Debutante, The Savage Marquess, Miss Fiona's Fancy, The Viscount's Revenge, The Chocolate Debutante, Lady Margery's Intrigue, and The Paper Princess. I'm still not going to bite, although I have to admit that an omnibus including a book called The Chocolate Debutante was tempting. But if you like her romances, here's a chance to get a bunch all at once, for a really good price.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L9KFFSD
Kindle US/Smile: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08L9KFFSD
Kobo US (discountable): https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the...mbition-series

Last edited by sufue; 09-29-2021 at 07:16 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:36 AM   #2902
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I'm loving KU too! I had thought I'd do the free month and splash around in it for a few weeks then go back to the TBR mountain but there are some real gems in it! Annette Marie's Guild Codex Universe is well worth a month's subscription fee all on its own. KU has come a very long way in the past few years, at least in the UF/PNR realm that I've been exploring. I still have a list of a couple dozen authors to try so it will be at least another month before taking a KU hiatus. I'm happy to throw my $10 into the author compensation pot, they definitely deserve it.
Along with the Fantasy and UF, there are so many excellent romances in KU that I'm happy to pay the monthly subscription fee. Between that, the SF romances, and all of the Paranormal Women's Fiction, I won't be ending my subscription anytime soon. Plus, I've cut my actual book buying pretty much to zero so my monthly book budget is basically just my subscription fee now. Very happy to throw that into the author pool.

Ilona Andrews are publishing their next Kinsmen novel in KU. That's a first for them, although that's the rare case where I will probably buy it, not borrow it.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 11:49 AM   #2903
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a free deal on a book that I recently enjoyed and would recommend. It's set in the 1989 (Now I'm really feeling old as this is considered "vintage" ). I can attest to its accuracy as it reminded me so much of my own life then - I was the same age as the heroine that year.

What I'm Looking For by Karen Grey

Spoiler:
A brilliant-at-math-but-challenged-with-people heroine and a stubbornly frugal hero find love in spite of themselves in this vintage romance debut from award-winning author Karen Grey.

Finance hotshot Kate Bishop doesn’t expect the cute bartender to quote Shakespeare to her when she meets her colleagues for happy hour, nor for him to rescue the rest of her workday with a special cocktail.

Will Talbot’s head is turned by the adorably nerdy young woman who doesn’t seem to belong with the rest of the power-suit crowd, but his heart knows that he’s got to keep his eyes on the prize: his career as a professional actor.

Opposites attract in this romantic comedy, so this quirky pair finally gives in to chemistry stronger than a stiff Harvey Wallbanger. But when real life throws them a curve ball, will love win? Or will career?

Don’t miss this smart, feel-good series starter set in the late 1980’s—an era of big hair and bigger egos. Each Boston Classics standalone romantic comedy guarantees an evocative trip back in time and a Happy-Ever-After for the ages
Old 09-30-2021, 12:35 PM   #2904
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Along with the Fantasy and UF, there are so many excellent romances in KU that I'm happy to pay the monthly subscription fee. Between that, the SF romances, and all of the Paranormal Women's Fiction, I won't be ending my subscription anytime soon. Plus, I've cut my actual book buying pretty much to zero so my monthly book budget is basically just my subscription fee now. Very happy to throw that into the author pool.
I've had a subscription for several months, and was going to stop for a while, was going to read books acquired by other means this last few months, some are bought and some offers from promotions or newsletters, my buying has decreased a lot with KU, but amazon made it difficult to quit, they offered me 3 more months for 1.99$, I couldn’t resist, the kobo will stay asleep a little while longer.
tempest@de is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:44 PM   #2905
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Ilona Andrews are publishing their next Kinsmen novel in KU. That's a first for them, although that's the rare case where I will probably buy it, not borrow it.
That's actually going to be on Amazon's Montlake imprint, fingers crossed that it's one of the Prime First Reads freebies tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:52 PM   #2906
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's actually going to be on Amazon's Montlake imprint, fingers crossed that it's one of the Prime First Reads freebies tomorrow.
Ilona has said that it's going to be in Kindle Unlimited.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:56 PM   #2907
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Ilona has said that it's going to be in Kindle Unlimited.
From what I've been able to tell, every single one of the Amazon imprints goes into KU, that includes 47th North, Montlake, Skyscape, Thomas & Mercer, etc. I don't know that I've seen any of those ebooks ever appear in other stores while Amazon still has the rights.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:51 PM   #2908
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
From what I've been able to tell, every single one of the Amazon imprints goes into KU, that includes 47th North, Montlake, Skyscape, Thomas & Mercer, etc. I don't know that I've seen any of those ebooks ever appear in other stores while Amazon still has the rights.
Thank you very much for the info.
Old 09-30-2021, 04:54 PM   #2909
worktolive
Guru

Quote:
Yes, that's correct. It's not that the book will be self-pubbed KU, but that it's a Montlake imprint and therefore will be in KU automatically.

I think it would be fantastic if it was a Prime First Read for October. That would gain House Andrews lots more visibility (and earn them a bunch more money!).
Old 10-01-2021, 06:38 AM   #2910
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Most of my ebooks are KU reads. Well worth it to me. My son also reads KU books. I usually get a 2 year subscription when it goes on sale. Look for a sale around Black Friday.

I hardly ever buy an ebook. Though I will buy the next Robin Owens HeartMate book.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote