Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2016, 03:06 AM   #706
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I use KoboLauncher to edit scripts and it works fine for that. Could it be that you never provided a filename and location? It has to save your note to somewhere.

Sketchpad is reachable through Kobo's environment>settings>extra>sketchpad/notepad.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:48 AM   #707
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I use KoboLauncher to edit scripts and it works fine for that. Could it be that you never provided a filename and location? It has to save your note to somewhere.
I tried using the Save option but nothing happened. Didn't succeed neither to name the document.

I don't have KoboLauncher. I don't need to edit scripts, just having some kind of notebook for taking notes, on a bigger screen than in my smartphone. For when I sometimes want to write down a bit longer texts than plain lists. Or do you mean that one could use the KoboLauncher for making various note files that I can save and continue writing in later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Sketchpad is reachable through Kobo's environment>settings>extra>sketchpad/notepad.
I don't find any Extra under Settings. Have browsed through all sub entries looking for Extra or Sketchpad. Maybe Glo HD doesn't have it? The only Extra I find is on the bottom menu bar in which I can enter Reading stat and Awards.

Have I missed something? Any other suggestions? Thanks
marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2016, 04:14 AM   #708
oldhasbeen
Enthusiast
oldhasbeen doesn't litteroldhasbeen doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by marp68 View Post
I tried using the Save option but nothing happened. Didn't succeed neither to name the document.

I don't have KoboLauncher. I don't need to edit scripts, just having some kind of notebook for taking notes, on a bigger screen than in my smartphone. For when I sometimes want to write down a bit longer texts than plain lists. Or do you mean that one could use the KoboLauncher for making various note files that I can save and continue writing in later?

I don't find any Extra under Settings. Have browsed through all sub entries looking for Extra or Sketchpad. Maybe Glo HD doesn't have it? The only Extra I find is on the bottom menu bar in which I can enter Reading stat and Awards.

Have I missed something? Any other suggestions? Thanks
The notepad in the PB chess bundle has a bug. You cannot save a new document. There is a workaround. I made a folder on my sd card and named it Notepad. In the folder I have imported from my computer several text files. The content is of no importance. The notepad can find and open these text files. It can edit and save as well but not rename. The Koreader file manager can rename. Is cumbersome but better than nothing or changing to Nickel.
The PB Chess developer does unfortunately not respond to this issue.
oldhasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:21 AM   #709
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Thanks, will try this. Hopefully the bug will get sorted out.

Btw, exactly where on the SD card do you create the folder?

Last edited by marp68; 09-13-2016 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:19 AM   #710
oldhasbeen
Enthusiast
oldhasbeen doesn't litteroldhasbeen doesn't litter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marp68 View Post
Thanks, will try this. Hopefully the bug will get sorted out.

Btw, exactly where on the SD card do you create the folder?
I have it in the root but it doesn't matter. anywhere - can be also on the internal memory. You can also take the card out and make it on your computer and put the card back into the reader (just don't forget to turn reader off before you do this).
oldhasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #711
marp68
Addict

Okej, thanks.

I only have internal memory, so I just put it in the root folder. I saw that I could have several documents open at the same time and just change between them depending on the subject.

Sometimes when reading I get writing ideas or just reflective thoughts that I need to get down, so a small notepad feature is nice.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:06 AM   #712
hharum
hharum began at the beginning.

hi there

is there any possibility to use cool reader with pocketbook 613?
Thank you
hharum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:37 AM   #713
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cool...ad_and_install
He who seeks shall find ;-)
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #714
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
Does anyone know if CoolReader latest will work on new model: Kobo Aura One?

Thanks,
John Feole
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:19 AM   #715
dalamario
Enthusiast
dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: KOBO Aura HD, KOBO Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nook_nerd View Post
Does anyone know if CoolReader latest will work on new model: Kobo Aura One?

Thanks,
John Feole
I have coolreader and koreader working fine on my KA1.
dalamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:26 AM   #716
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Ok,

What revision of Coolreader did you use, latest one?

Thanks,
John Feole
Old 10-04-2016, 09:13 AM   #717
dalamario
Enthusiast
dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: KOBO Aura HD, KOBO Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by nook_nerd View Post
Ok,

What revision of Coolreader did you use, latest one?

Thanks,
John Feole
Yes, the latest one (2016-03 kobo). I'm using fmon way to start it, but I tested also with KSM08 and it works fine.
dalamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #718
JFeole
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamario View Post
Yes, the latest one (2016-03 kobo). I'm using fmon way to start it, but I tested also with KSM08 and it works fine.

Thanks. Just installed it and using with KSM08.
Working fine as well.

Thanks,
John Feole
Old 10-12-2016, 07:17 AM   #719
MicaOlaAdams
MicaOlaAdams began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I'm trying to connect via OPDS to my calibre server.
Name: calibre
Url: http://192.168.1.89:8080

I get only errors. Any ideas what went wrong?
MicaOlaAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #720
HObog
HObog began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n905
(Use google translator)
Is not installed. Can anyone throw me sd image with installed coolreader for my Kobo N905B

Last edited by HObog; 10-15-2016 at 09:10 PM.
HObog is offline   Reply With Quote