Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
iomari
Zealot
iomari doesn't litteriomari doesn't litter

Device: galaxy tab
install script

Greetings,
where can I download the install script that will install the binary linux download (tar.bz2) and produce all the symlinks and man pages that the live download does? I need this so that I can install the binary download on multiple machines wiithout downloading the binary over and over again which wastes download time and money on my subscription plan.
iomari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
iomari
Zealot

anybody! :-)
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I am not certain, but would not the file obtained by the URL http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer which is part of the command line for installing from the web give you what you want? At first glance that looks like the install script (written in python of course).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
iomari
Zealot

I just downloaded the python installer. Now I have to brush up on my python. :-)
thanks
Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
iomari
Zealot

Ok, I think I figured it out. For you Linux users who want to install the tar.bz2 binary locally.

1) download tar.bz2 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/
2) extract to /opt folder. May help to delete the current /opt/calibre first.
3) run /opt/calibre/calibre_postinstall

this works for me. Now I can repeat this process for other Linux machines without having to re-download the binary. Hope this helps some people out there.

If any of you calibre developers have any suggestions to this method or warnings pls let me know.
Advert