Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
spruce
spruce began at the beginning.

Device: 505
User Column Search

Hi
I read the manual on advanced searching and it mentions user columns.

I wanted to create a Yes/No col called Read and tick it when I have read the book. I read the manual and I had a new column called Read. Made sure the Lookup name was read.( lower case)

I put a tick in a couple of book records and set up a search to see if it works.

Using the quick search line I typed in cover:false - the search line went green and 13 book records appeared. So feeling confident I tried read:yes - the search line went green but no books were selected. I tried read:checked as well but nothing appeared.

What am I doing wrong.
spruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try #read:
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
spruce

Hi
I tried that #read keep getting errors. The manual does not mention #

Taken from manual

cover:false will give you all books without a cover

Yes/no custom columns are searchable. Searching for false, empty, or blank will find all books with undefined values in the column. Searching for true will find all books that do not have undefined values in the column. Searching for yes or checked will find all books with Yes in the column. Searching for no or unchecked will find all books with No in the column.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Custom columns require the # prefix.

The exact syntax would be
#<your custom column lookup name>:True
#<your custom column lookup name>:False

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The manual also says "To find the search name for a custom column, hover your mouse over the column header."

Use that to find the 'key' for any custom column. These keys are used all over the place to identify them, such as in search, plugboards, and file templates.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
mdb5972
mdb5972 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS350
what I did....

Your Own Column "read;Read; Text, but with a fixed set of permitted values; YES"

Using the 'Find GUI' (binocs to the left of the search input) I found that I had to put quotes around the text... #read:"YES" or #read:true
mdb5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb5972 View Post
w
Using the 'Find GUI' (binocs to the left of the search input) I found that I had to put quotes around the text... #read:"YES" or #read:true
The quotes are necessary only if the value being searched for contains spaces.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
spruce

Ok I made a new column called done

I managed to get #done:true to work but it is very erratic. I type slowly and sometimes I get as far as the "o" in done and it gives an error as there is no book selected to open. I have also got as far as the "t" for true and I get an error cannot tweak ePub No Book selected.

This is is using the quick search field.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

You probably have 'search as you type' turned on, which starts a search 1.5 seconds after the last character. Turn it off in preferences -> look and feel -> search as you type.

Once you have turned it off, you must hit return or click on the Go! button to start the search.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
spruce

Thumbs up

Yes that is much better. I can even do "and" and "or" in my selection statements now.