Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #721
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicaOlaAdams View Post
I'm trying to connect via OPDS to my calibre server.
Name: calibre
Url: http://192.168.1.89:8080

I get only errors. Any ideas what went wrong?
How is it working in KOReader? How it works, or not, there might give us a hint as to the problem. It would help if you listed the error msgs.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 05:27 AM   #722
MicaOlaAdams
MicaOlaAdams began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi Ken,

OPDS connection with KOReader to calibre works.

With CoolReader at first I got an Error message (Error!). After playing around with the wifi settings, the error message disappeared and for an instant I can see a loading message (Loading...), but no entries are shown just a blank page.

Any ideas?

Mica
MicaOlaAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #723
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I don't see anywhere that Sergey is allowing the user to enter the access data/passwords for a access point/router. Maybe, like KOReader used to do, it is relying on what is set by Nickel? You might want to check that Nickel can access your local wireless network, or even re-setup Nickel's access to create a new file.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:53 PM   #724
MicaOlaAdams

I can access the internet per wifi with KSM8s Wifi-Menu. If I don't enable wifi in KSM8 CoolReaders OPDS search gives me a network/wifi error. With wifi turned on in KSM8 I get no such error. That's why I assumed Coolreader can actually connect with my router and calibre.

edit:
I just found a opds.xml file with the xml set for calibre. Now I assume CoolReader is not displaying that xml file correctly.

Last edited by MicaOlaAdams; 10-16-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:34 PM   #725
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I can access the internet per wifi with KSM8s Wifi-Menu. If I don't enable wifi in KSM8 CoolReaders OPDS search gives me a network/wifi error. With wifi turned on in KSM8 I get no such error. That's why assumed Coolreader can actually connect with my router and calibre.
I guess the most recent version of PBChess was published long before the Kobo Ara One was available, and therefore does not know the path to the modules necessary to use wifi. You can try to make the following changes to vlasovsoft/wifi_on.sh:

Delete or comment out
Code:
PLATFORM=ntx508
Replace
Code:
lsmod | grep -q dhd || insmod /drivers/$PLATFORM/wifi/dhd.ko
with
Code:
lsmod | grep -q ${WIFI_MODULE} || insmod /drivers/${PLATFORM}/wifi/${WIFI_MODULE}.ko
In wifi_off.sh replace
Code:
/sbin/rmmod -r dhd
with
Code:
/sbin/rmmod -r ${WIFI_MODULE}
Note: use a unix style editor!

Last edited by tshering; 10-16-2016 at 02:41 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 03:56 PM   #726
MicaOlaAdams

Turning wifi On works now. Many thanks. CoolReader does download the calibre xml file but it fails to display it. I suppose it has something to do with the KA1s screen and the way CoolReader handles the stylesheet. I just get an empty page.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #727
MicaOlaAdams

Sergey solved my problem. The proper URL has to be:

Url: http://192.168.1.89:8080/opds
Old 10-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #728
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
List files not alphabetically?

Hello,

I am perfectly happy to read epubs with Coolreader until now, but lately I can't help but wonder whether it's possible to list files not alphabetically (by date added or date read, for example) in "Open file" menu. Is there any tweak I can probably do to make this possible or alphabetically is the default and unchangeable?
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #729
MicaOlaAdams

I dont't this is possible right now. But you can make a Feature Request on Sergeys Forum.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:15 AM   #730
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Quote:
I dont't this is possible right now. But you can make a Feature Request on Sergeys Forum.
Thank you for this. Hmm, maybe I'll try to request this, it'll be beneficial to have this when I don't remember the titles of the books I last put.

Last edited by crimsonsnow; 10-29-2016 at 10:35 AM.
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:29 AM   #731
MicaOlaAdams

I'm not sure my question belongs in this thread, nonetheless:

I would very much like to understand how CoolReader's code works and maybe play around with it. I understand I can get the source code from the Wiki page: http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?id=en:coolreader

What kind of environment do I need to build the app from source code?
I don't have much experience with setting up such an environment and would be very thankful for any help.

Many thanks

Mica
Old 11-23-2016, 12:38 AM   #732
tberty
tberty began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I don't know why but the link doesn't work.

Found an alternative.
tberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 01:54 AM   #733
stevenam
stevenam began at the beginning.

Changed my comment: How do I get Coolreader to recognize duo languagues in 1 book?

For example, I'm using the font Bookerly, and theoritically, any Unicode font should display well. When I read the book in my native language Vietnamese, everything is fine. But when the book contents the Chinese character, all character changed into ???. So, how to fix it?

When I used KOReader, it could display both Vietnamese and Chinese characters seamlessly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nevermind, found a solution myself. So I share here for anybody who did not know it yet.

1. If you also install KOReader on your Kobo, you should be able to find a font called "Noto San CJK" inside the .kobo/koreader/fonts folder. I guess CJK means Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Then this solution should work for Japanese and Korean as well.
2. Copy it to .kobo/vlasovsoft/fonts
3. Open and edit by Notepad++ the file .kobo\vlasovsoft\cr3\data\cr3.ini, line 14

From

crengine.font.fallback.face=DejaVu Sans

To

crengine.font.fallback.face=Noto San CJK SC

4. Save the file
5. Unplug the Kobo
6. ... Profit!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And until Coolreader can handle PDF with reflow, then I can forget about KOReader.

Last edited by stevenam; 12-10-2016 at 05:19 AM.
stevenam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:44 AM   #734
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
usbnet.sh for Mark6 (Glo HD, Aura One, Aura Edition 2)

Replace it:
Code:
PLATFORM=ntx508
if [ $DEVICE == TOUCH ]; then
	PLATFORM=freescale
fi
...with that:
Code:
if [ $DEVICE == GLOHD -o $DEVICE == TOUCH2 -o $DEVICE == AURAONE ]; then
	PLATFORM=mx6sl-ntx
else
		PLATFORM=freescale
	else
		PLATFORM=ntx508
	fi
fi
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:24 AM   #735
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
@kaznelson
Woudn't it be easier (and better) to simply remove
Code:
PLATFORM=ntx508
	PLATFORM=freescale
fi
and use the values of PLATFORM as they are exported by rcS? The code above does not take into account all models of the Touch anyway.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote