Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #76
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Is there any way of this plugin removing the Series data from the titles whilst swapping to Series column?

e.g.

A Series (03) - The Title

becomes

The Title / A Series / 03

either, all happening automagically or happening once I have told it that this is "A Series" and it number 3 :-)
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #77
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
No, that sort of functionality is normally handled by using the Search/Replace screen of bulk metadata edit which allows you to strip stuff out of the title (for instance) and stuff it into other fields.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #78
DMee
Zealot

Yeah I know :-( but it means I use your excellent plugin to manage the series data then search and replace to delete the series title, then STILL have to manually edit each entry to remove the numbers........
Old 07-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #79
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There are way too many permutations and possibilities to try to cater for it in this plugin (there is no guarantee the series name you chose matches that embedded in the title, let alone all the different ways it might be formatted in the title). That's why it is all regex based in the search/replace screen.

Your best bet is to not put the series data in the title in the first place
Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #80
DMee
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
There are way too many permutations and possibilities to try to cater for it in this plugin (there is no guarantee the series name you chose matches that embedded in the title, let alone all the different ways it might be formatted in the title). That's why it is all regex based in the search/replace screen.
Can anyone point me to the regex for "and X characters" so I could Find

The-Series-Name (and X characters) and Replace with Blank to get rid of

The Series Name [02] -

Quote:
Your best bet is to not put the series data in the title in the first place
**I** didn't :-( some numpty who released the e-books did
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
IMHO, drag and drop the book into the existing Metadata/details record and avoid all the confusion
But unless you have the cover image, you'll then need to go get a cover image or extract it from the eBook or you won't have a proper image.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #82
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But unless you have the cover image, you'll then need to go get a cover image or extract it from the eBook or you won't have a proper image.
Once it has been dropped (and saved by moving off the record, then back), you can click the new format and then click the 'book' icon and it will extract the cover within
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #83
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry for hijacking the thread away from its intended subject.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #84
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Once it has been dropped (and saved by moving off the record, then back), you can click the new format and then click the 'book' icon and it will extract the cover within
Will that work even if all you are doing is updating the format you already have say ePub > ePub with a copy that has a new cover image?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 PM   #85
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Will that work even if all you are doing is updating the format you already have say ePub > ePub with a copy that has a new cover image?
There are NO tests. You can drop ANY EPUB in place of the existing one... Even the Wrong one
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #86
SuburbanSteve
Enthusiast
SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.

Device: Kindel Touch, Xoom 2
Very Handy. Thanx
SuburbanSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #87
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.5 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Rename "Sort by Original Series" to "Sort by Original Series Index"
  • Add a "Sort by Original Series Name" feature for users who are appending series together that overlap indexes
Old 07-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #88
mumdigau
mumdigau began at the beginning.

Device: none
I try to join lots of series into one new big one. After selecting all books (CTRL+A) the Plugin lists the books in the following order:

series1 index 1
series2 index 1
series3 index 1
series1 index 2
series2 index 2
series3 index 2

But I'd like to have them one series after the other:

series1 index 1
series1 index 2
series2 index 1
series2 index 2
series3 index 1
series3 index2

The Plugin offers the possibility to manually move books up and down, but with more than 2.500 books this isn't really an option. If I could order the books alphabetically I'd be there, because the titles from the 1st to the last series are in alphabetical order, but I don't see this possibility in the Plugin. There is only a 'Sort by Original Series', but after marking all books and clicking on it in the conext menu nothing happens.

Does anyone has an idea how I can solve this?

Best regards

mumdigau
mumdigau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #89
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@mumdigau - look at the post just before yours - I released a new version just for you...
Old 07-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #90
mumdigau
mumdigau began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
@mumdigau - look at the post just before yours - I released a new version just for you...
Wow! 'Sort by 'Original Series Names' worked like a charm, just moved 2655 books into a new series within 2 minutes or so!

Two remarks:

1. I got a RuntimeError ('maximum recursion depth exceeded') as soon as I selected more than 12 series. I think it's some issue within Calibre, because your Plugin was not yet in play. So I did it in two steps: First joined 12 series at a time, then joined the 12-series into the final one.

2. As I noticed the new series name is preset by the Plugin to the name of the 1st series selected. On one join, I missed to give a new name to the new series, the old series got overridden. That might cause problems, so I think it's better to leave the new series name field empty thus forcing the user to explicitely give a name to the new series.

Best regards

mumdigau
mumdigau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manage series