Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-27-2020, 12:57 PM   #376
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Can you give a try to this? I don't have dictionaries to test it (I don't really use it).
I'll give it a go. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #377
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Dictionaries used by "Polish Ebook" feature can be found here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Local\calibre-cache\hyphenation\

(on windows ofc, but I believe there's a similar folder for other systems)
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2020, 01:06 PM   #378
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I didn't know.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #379
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Can you give a try to this? I don't have dictionaries to test it (I don't really use it).
When I ran Hyphenate This!, I got this right away before it even start processing the KF8 eBook.
Quote:
calibre, version 5.0.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'str' object has no attribute 'decode'

calibre 5.0.1 Portable embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Amazon hi-res covers (0, 1, 0) && Annotations (1, 12, 0) && BookFusion Plugin (0, 5, 3) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 6) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubSplit (2, 9, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 7, 2) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 44, 0) && KFX Output (1, 44, 0) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 2, 9) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 2, 12) && KePub Output (3, 2, 15) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 82, 3) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 5) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 2, 15) && Modify ePub (1, 5, 5) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Reading List (1, 6, 13) && ScrambleEbook (0, 4, 5)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 120, in hyphenate
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 94, in _select_books
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 171, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 95, in __init__
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'
Old 09-27-2020, 01:29 PM   #380
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, now I know where there are dictionaries I can try it.
Advert
Old 09-27-2020, 03:09 PM   #381
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
OK, now I know where there are dictionaries I can try it.
If you need another tester, I volunteer. I only use this on KF8 eBooks.

Anyway, here is the English dictionary that I've been using in case it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyphthisdicts.zip (42.6 KB, 128 views)

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-27-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:06 PM   #382
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

This beta, as a minimum, starts and finishes the task. Could you test it?

Edit: Removed due to problems with German language.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 09-28-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:29 PM   #383
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
This beta, as a minimum, starts and finishes the task. Could you test it?
I've give 0.1.1 a test. I've added soft hyphens and that worked. It also updated the column to say I've done it. I've also removed the hyphens and that also worked and it updated the column to say removed.

I've also tested it in 4.23 and it works. Well done!

I have one request if possible. In the Count Pages plugin, it displays the counts as soon as it's done. Can this be modified to do the same thing? Thanks.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:36 PM   #384
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have one request if possible. In the Count Pages plugin, it displays the counts as soon as it's done. Can this be modified to do the same thing? Thanks.
Glad it has worked, and no, sorry. I know nothing about this plugin, I've only done the adaptation with basic python-modernize, and debug and cussing to adapt string/unicode. Your request requires more study of the plugin and a time I don't have at this moment.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #385
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Glad it has worked, and no, sorry. I know nothing about this plugin, I've only done the adaptation with basic python-modernize, and debug and cussing to adapt string/unicode. Your request requires more study of the plugin and a time I don't have at this moment.
That's OK. At least now it can be put in the first post and the history updated.

Thank you for fixing this.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:28 PM   #386
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@TdeM - before we update first post I suggest we wait a couple of days to see if Leonatus and Shark69 test the beta - if they already have, perhaps they could say so.

Ditto Jon's last line.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:55 AM   #387
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

BetterRed, I agree, it's better to wait for a bit (look at my first mess).
Old 09-28-2020, 02:31 AM   #388
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
I have tested 0.1.1 with Calibre 4.23, epub and italian dictionary and it works both ways
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:45 AM   #389
FritzM
FritzM began at the beginning.

Device: none
I installed the Beta and can't start soft hyphens on Calibre 5.01
calibre, version 5.0.1
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 2643: invalid continuation byte

calibre 5.0.1 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: BOL_DE (0, 9, 0) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 7, 2) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 82, 3) && Modify ePub (1, 4, 1) && Quality Check (1, 10, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 1, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 120, in hyphenate
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 92, in _select_books
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.huti ls", line 27, in get_dict_left_righ_min
File "codecs.py", line 322, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 2643: invalid continuation byte
FritzM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:59 AM   #390
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I'll try to check , but I don't know if this is above my paygrade

Edit: I think I know what it's, but I won't be able to work on it till this night.

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces