Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #121
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha Chicken View Post
I'm very happy to see you folks have finally received your prizes! Enjoy them! And thanks for solving my murky mystery!
I still find it hard to believe that I actually won something. I almost never win in contests, and I was almost sure that my solution to the mystery was incorrect due to being too simple.
I got mine way back round the end of January. Odd that some of the others took so long to arrive, though I can see how things can get lost in the mail on occasion.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:00 AM   #122
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The glue is drying on the magnet turning my new Kobo's cover into a 'sleep' cover. But it's causing me some problems... Same one I have with the refrigerator's light. Is it REALLY going into sleep mode and waking up when I open and close the cover?
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #123
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Cut a window on the front cover and check
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:58 AM   #124
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post

I'm working all over the Easter holiday, but I will try to take some time out to start playing with my Kobo Glo and report back.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #125
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Have you been taking lessons from Orlok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post

I'm working all over the Easter holiday, but I will try to take some time out to start playing with my Kobo Glo and report back.
It's a fun toy. I'm actually appreciating it more and more as I play. Prolly would have been wise to RTFM, but that sort takes the adventure out of it all, doesn't it?

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #126
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Prolly would have been wise to RTFM, but that sort takes the adventure out of it all, doesn't it?
There's a manual??!!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #127
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Have you been taking lessons from Orlok?

It's a fun toy. I'm actually appreciating it more and more as I play. Prolly would have been wise to RTFM, but that sort takes the adventure out of it all, doesn't it?

Stitchawl
The thing about Manuals is that they are usually written by someone who already knows all the ins and outs of whatever they refer to. Case in point, I had trouble figuring out how to access the working TOC in Kindle books on the PaperWhite. Looking in the manual didn't help much. If there is anything on how to do so in the manual I couldn't find it. Instead I had to figure it out by trial and error.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:11 AM   #128
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I tend towards 3rd party manuals for almost everything. The sort with titles like "Everything you ever needed or wanted to know about XYZ but they forgot to put it in the Owner's Manual." The manual that came inside the Kobo box couldn't have been more than two pages thick, and I figure those would be filled up with disclaimers so I didn't even bother to take it out of the plastic wrap. YouTube is a wealth of information about just about everything too, and with visual cues as well as spoken, I can actually follow (if I hit the 'pause' button often enough) to get the job done.

Stitchawl
Old 04-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #129
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
The manual can at times be a waste of time; Kobo seem to like adding new functions in and not always documenting them.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote