Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 09:49 AM   #1
estut
estut began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Question No internet connection new Kobo

Hi. Yesterday I got a new Kobo Aura H2O. Nice to have, but one problem can’t be solved: Wi-fi connection. I can’t pass the initial setup after a basic and factory reset, due to earlier Wi-fi problems.

My home Wi-fi situation is very good and all my devices are running smoothly on the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000.
Router information:
WPA2-PSK secured
3 devices 2,4G wireless,
1 device 5G wireless,
1 device wired
Firmware version V1.0.7.12_1.2.5

Wireless settings:
2,4 Ghz
Region Europe
Channel auto (13)
Mode Up to 600 Mbps
Wireless AP On
Broadcast Name on
Wi-Fi Protected Setup Configured

5 Ghz
2,4 Ghz
Region Europe
Channel 36 + 40+ 44 (P) + 48
Mode Up to 1300 Mbps
Wireless AP On
Broadcast Name on

Do you have an idea to solve this annoying problem? Thanks for replies!
estut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by estut View Post
Hi. Yesterday I got a new Kobo Aura H2O. Nice to have, but one problem can’t be solved: Wi-fi connection. I can’t pass the initial setup after a basic and factory reset, due to earlier Wi-fi problems.

Spoiler:
My home Wi-fi situation is very good and all my devices are running smoothly on the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000.
Router information:
WPA2-PSK secured
3 devices 2,4G wireless,
1 device 5G wireless,
1 device wired
Firmware version V1.0.7.12_1.2.5

Wireless settings:
2,4 Ghz
Region Europe
Channel auto (13)
Mode Up to 600 Mbps
Wireless AP On
Broadcast Name on

5 Ghz
2,4 Ghz
Region Europe
Channel 36 + 40+ 44 (P) + 48
Mode Up to 1300 Mbps
Wireless AP On
Broadcast Name on

Do you have an idea to solve this annoying problem? Thanks for replies!
Not sure if the same firmware is used in Europe but in North America, the newest firmware for a R7000 is 1.0.9.32.

I would also suggest changing the 2.4GHZ channel to a lower number (the 5GHz channel is a non-issue for Kobo's ereaders). I had an issue with my R7000P when I tried using channel 12. In Canada, channel 12 is only usable in a low power mode which my Kobo ereaders didn't want to connect to.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@estut: Is there any chance that some sites are being blocked? The firmware will check a URL and the file from it before it will stay on-line. Up to before 4.8.x, this was http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt. From 4.8.x it is http://www.kobo.com/buildinfo.xml.

The alternative is to use the Kobo desktop application under either Windows or a MAC to do the setup. After that, you can look getting WiFi to work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:29 AM   #4
estut

Hi David-DNSB and Davidfor. Thanks a lot for your reactions and ideas. Sure I have to update the firmware of the R7000. I'll also check if some sites are being blocked.
But, after two days, suddenly there was a connection and I could finish the initial setup. Reason unknown..... So, I hope my issue is solved definitively. Kind regards. Eric
Old 07-22-2018, 02:11 AM   #5
estut

Internet connection was lost after sleep mode and it was not possible to connect again. But, the alternative to use the Kobo desktop application, works fine to sync. So, issue is solved. Thanks again David-DNSB and Davidfor for your input. Gr. Eric
Advert

Tags
aura h2o, wifi problems