Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
KoboArc-er
KoboArc-er began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Won't turn on! Help!

My Kobo Arc won't turn on but its not broken. The indicator light still flashes but it won't turn on! I bet this is the case, yesterday night I put a watery piece of tissue on the back side to rub some steins off. Not the cover, but the part where it says the bar-code, the IC, the FCC id, the model and where its made. Right beside those parts, I know, its quite hard to understand.
URL to what I mean:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28ioowm&s=5

My indicator light flashes orange every few seconds when it is plugged in.
Yeah, so I need a quick resolution to this problem.

I don't want to replace my device or take it to a tech guy. I just want to fix this at home.

Last edited by KoboArc-er; 08-17-2013 at 02:33 PM.
KoboArc-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Last time my Arc decided it didn't want to boot up, holding volume down & power for 10 or so seconds seemed to trigger a reset (not factory reset, thankfully), after which it booted normally. Might be worth a try.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
KoboArc-er

It didn't work
Old 08-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Try holding the power button down for 20 or more seconds before releasing
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
KoboArc-er

I've tried that, I even held the power button for almost 5 minutes.
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
slate
Connoisseur
slate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura aboutslate has a spectacular aura about

Device: N/A
The real issue here is why are there stains under the back snap cover? Did you spill something on the tablet?

Why are you cleaning it with a wet tissue?

I see a bunch of your posts here asking about very odd issues that nobody else has experienced. Some common sense would go a long way here...

Perhaps, contacting Kobo directly would be your best bet as you seem to have multiple issues that need to be addressed.

Last edited by slate; 08-17-2013 at 02:19 PM.
slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #7
KoboArc-er

1. I had oily fingers at the time. XD
2. I wanted my tablet clean. By the way, when I cleaned it my tablet didn't have any problems. When I shut it down to charge overnight, it didn't turn on the next morning. It's been a day since it has happened. The indicator light still flashes orange when I charge it.
3. I don't know why, my friend's phone has a charger problem, he has to find A SWEET SPOT so it can charge. My tablet has that problem as well.
4. What is their number? I live in the Toronto area.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

my indicator doesn't flash when I charge it. try another charging cable from USB and leave it charge over night. battery could be totally discharged.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
The poster at one point indicated an orange flashing light which appears to be an android indication of dead battery or charging problem.
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboArc-er View Post
1. I had oily fingers at the time. XD
2. I wanted my tablet clean. By the way, when I cleaned it my tablet didn't have any problems. When I shut it down to charge overnight, it didn't turn on the next morning. It's been a day since it has happened. The indicator light still flashes orange when I charge it.
3. I don't know why, my friend's phone has a charger problem, he has to find A SWEET SPOT so it can charge. My tablet has that problem as well.
4. What is their number? I live in the Toronto area.
See http://www.kobo.com/help/customer-care-phones/#NA

NEW Kobo ARC Activation Line:
1 (888) 668-9132
Sunday - Saturday: 9:00 - 24:00 EST

Kobo eReader Activation Line:
1 (800) 368-5390
Sunday - Saturday: 8:00 - 24:00 EST

General Customer Care Inquiries:
1 (855) 732-3662 ENGLISH
help@kobobooks.com
Sunday - Saturday: 8:00 - 24:00 EST
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:30 PM   #11
KoboArc-er

I'm going to trying charging my Kobo Arc tonight but my Kobo also has a charger issue. I have to keep wiggling my Kobo (or my charger) to find a "sweet spot".
Old 08-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #12
KoboArc-er

By the way, I bought my Kobo Arc at Indigo If I get my Kobo Arc working again and do a factory reset, am I able to return it? I have so dents on it.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
KoboArc-er

I think my tablet is done. The inductor light doesn't flash anymore, the usb plugin thing is all messed up actually and I think this can not be fixed . I'm most likely not able to repair/replace this tablet so yeah.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
stevov
Groupie

Take it back for repair . It'll still be under warranty.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
KoboArc-er

You may not know this company, NCIX, they fix computers, electronics, etc. I don't know if they can repair my Kobo Arc because the usb plugin is messed up, my Kobo Arc probably can't tell my usb is plugged into it.

Tags
indicator light, kobo arc, won't power on