Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
deadringer
Enthusiast
deadringer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700BC
QUESTION ABOUT NEWSPAPERS?

Hello

When I download newspapers in calibre all i get are some heading but no articles. Do I need to subscribe to the newspapers first? Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Help

John
deadringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre probably is unable to connect to the internet on your macine. click the little hourglass icon and then double click the job to see a log that will hopefully tell us whats wrong.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
deadringer
Enthusiast

I did and it shows 100% downloaded for CNN. Still only headers and nothing else.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

now double click on the 100% entry to bring up a big long log that you post here
Old 02-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
deadringer
Enthusiast

I found something else. When I use the view menu I get: invalid literal for int() with base 10: "e" for the failed ones.
Advert
Old 02-25-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
deadringer
Enthusiast

Her's the log on A failed Magazine

Job: Fetch news from Time
Generating LRF...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Processing u'index.html'
Parsing HTML...
Converting to BBeB...
Rationalizing font sizes...
Output written to c:\docume~1\johnmo~1\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.4.140 _dsa8e1_feeds2lrf.lrf
Old 02-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Is that the complete log and what version of calibre are you using?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
deadringer
Enthusiast

Yes thats complete. Using 0.4.140.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK open up a terminal and run the following command and tell me what you see

Code:
feeds2disk --debug --test Time
Old 02-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #10
deadringer
Enthusiast

It only downloaded the cover and then shut down the terminal.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm something is very wrong, feeds2disk should never shutdown the terminal. Do you have some particularly aggressive antivrius/anti malware programs on your computer?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #12
deadringer
Enthusiast

I have Norton Internet Security 2009, Malwarebytes, Microsoft Malicious Software, and PeerGuardian. I'll shut them down and see.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
deadringer
Enthusiast

Made no difference. I'll remove calibre and re-download, then re-install and see.