Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
mauslyon
mauslyon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
"save to disk" name export

Hi all,
I have a question regarding the "Save to disk" naming convention; it seems that the export module uses the "title_sort" and a "series_sort" (even if no such thing seems configurable) in place of "title" and "series". Is it a bug or am I missing some congiguration parameters?

To clarify with an example:
I have an EPUB book called "The night flight", the 3rd volume of the series "The seven adventures"

The corresponding metadata variables should be:

Title "The night flight"
Title_sort "night flight, The"
Series "The seven adventures"
Series_sort "seven adventures, The" (ASSUMED, I cannot find the variable)
series_index "3.0"

if I use an export string like
[{series} - {series_index:0>2s} - {title}]
I would expect the ebook to be named
"The seven adventures - 03 - The night flight.epub"
however I end up with a file called
"seven adventures, The - 03 - night flight, The.epub"

Thanks for your help

Maurizio
mauslyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You can customize how series and title should be formatted when used in templates. By default "library_order" is used. You seem to prefer "strictly_alphabetical".

You have to manually edit the tweak. More details in the manual, see save_template_title_series_sorting:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html#tweaks
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert