Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #46
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I noticed I could not rename a device unless I actually had it plugged in. Is this a deliberate restriction?
Yes it is. That is because it actually updates the .driveinfo.calibre file on the device with the new name. So if you were to connect that device to another PC with Calibre it will have that new name there too. I can't update it unless it is "connected".
Old 05-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #47
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Kiwidude:

A question for you, I had a few books that apparently lost their formats somewhere along the way. The sync failed because these books were not available. While the plugin did what it was supposed to by giving me the message box that caused me to fix the problem. My question is this, is it possible for the plugin to sync the books that are available to sync and leave the others on the list to await the next sync when the problems are fixed?? Hopefully this is not a problem I would come across again but was just wondering.

Nyn
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 02:43 AM   #48
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Why would you add a book to your list that you don't have formats for?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #49
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Why would you add a book to your list that you don't have formats for?
Because their formats disappeared for some reason, maybe one of my backups deleted it, maybe one of my dropbox syncs deleted it. Don't know why but I had 7 books which I had to restore from a backup and the last time I did a library cleanup was two weeks ago. So time in the last two weeks I lost them.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #50
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

I get the following error when trying to sync a list to the card slot on my galaxy tab:

calibre, version 0.8.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Selected slot: A is not supported.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 62, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 364, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 234, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 846, in _sanity_check
DeviceError: Selected slot: A is not supported.

I am able to sync to the slot with the send to device option.
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #51
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I get the following error when trying to sync a list to the card slot on my galaxy tab:

calibre, version 0.8.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Selected slot: A is not supported.
I don't have a multiple slot device to test this plugin with, and it seems the user who did test it for me didn't try a location other than "main"

Can you try the version attached to this post? Once you give the thumbs up I will release it properly.

I have also made a change so that it retains any books on your list that have no formats.

Last edited by kiwidude; 05-13-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Remove attachment
Old 05-13-2011, 05:09 PM   #52
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Thank you so much, it now syncs to card and retains the book on the list if there is no format available. You are a prince.

Nyn
Old 05-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #53
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.3.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Bug-fix for multiple card devices to translate location code into a card
  • When syncing, books with no formats will be kept on the list
  • Update the Sync Now enabled status every time the menu is dropped down

Thx Nyn for the testing and feedback.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 AM   #54
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If I have the AutoSync option disabled for all devices then the "Sync Now" option becomes disabled. Is this expected behavior? I was expecting turning of the AutoSync option for the devices would give me manual control over when the sync happpened - but is this not what is intended?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #55
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If I have the AutoSync option disabled for all devices then the "Sync Now" option becomes disabled. Is this expected behavior? I was expecting turning of the AutoSync option for the devices would give me manual control over when the sync happpened - but is this not what is intended?
The two are completely unrelated

The Sync Now option is only supposed to be enabled if you have a device connected and you have items on the list for that device. It bears no relation at all to what that preference is set to.

However I have found a different bug related to the status of that Sync Now button, which means it is *enabled* in a circumstance it should not be. This is not your problem reported, but I will fix it of course.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:45 AM   #56
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.3.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Bug-fix for Sync Now being enabled in a circumstance it should not be
Old 05-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #57
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Before the recent updates I had a heap of books in my sync list, but now my shortcuts don't seem to be responding (I've even tried changing the shortcuts and still nothing). I can't view my list and don't know if titles are currently adding or even if there are still any titles in the sync list. Is there something else I need to be doing?

ETA: Never mind, I just followed the instructions for the first time since updating and now it's fine.

I love the update because my husband and I can have separate sync lists now. Thanks.

Last edited by Stampercam; 05-16-2011 at 07:26 AM. Reason: stupid user... should have read before posting lol
Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #58
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Your books that were already on the list will still be on there, but you need to connect your device to flush them onto your device. You cannot view that list any more, it is now going to be only populated by news.

You will need to add your device in the plugin configuration screen, which you can do after you have connected it. This will enable and create a new list for you that is specific to your device.

None of the keyboard shortcut added books since you upgraded will be on your list, just the ones that were already on there.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:37 AM   #59
southcot
southcot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Today I've added this plugin v1.3.4 to my copy of Calibre 8.82 running on Windows 7 32 bit sp2 and set it to display in the "Main Icon Bar". When I start up Calibre the "Book Sync" Icon appears. I have gone "preferences/plugins/sync/Customise Book Sync" and added my Amazon Kindle:-

However as soon as I connect my Kindle the "Book Sync" Icon disappears. I'm a newbie to configuring Calibre so it may be I'm missing something obvious here but would welcome guidance.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:39 AM   #60
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Just go to preferences toolbars and make sure you add the icon to the toolbar for when a device is connected, using the dropdown on the top right. There are different toolbars for whether a device is or is not connected.
Closed Thread