Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #31
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
bought it and will show some photos next to my PB360plus,Sony 350, and Cybook Opus....
Yes, please!
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #32
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Just got the Kobo Mini.....I was walking in my local Electronics shop: BIC Camera..in Sapporo...and Checking out the old Sony 350 (already own), Sony T1 and T2, and Saw the Kobos.... Glo etc... but me being a 5 inch reader maniac....could not resist.... bought it and will show some photos next to my PB360plus,Sony 350, and Cybook Opus....
welcome to the club :-)
Don't know about the Sony, but the screen is an improvement with respect to the PB360. Sadly, the Kobo is not as customizable as the Pocketbook, but there are various hacks that make using it a nice experience. I am quite enjoying it so far.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #33
80224 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
the mighty mini

I opted for the Mini because it fits my price range at £49, and I want to be able to borrow ebooks from my local library, (although I don't think there's a huge range, it's enough for me). Font/contrast/etc is very good - pls see photo. I have successfully downloaded Kobo desktop and ADE; downloaded some free ebooks from Kobobooks.com, and uploaded my own epub files onto the Mini with no problems at all.

I have not purchased any ebooks from the website yet, so that will be the next big test.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5519[1].jpg
Views:	295
Size:	895.1 KB
ID:	105059  
80224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80224 View Post
I have not purchased any ebooks from the website yet, so that will be the next big test.
it looks like you've already done all the "hard" stuff (especially setting up ADE!), so buying direct from the kobo website is going to be a piece of cake :-)

And Welcome to MobileRead!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #35
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Mine should be here tomorrow!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #36
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
80224 and booklover6, welcome to the Kobo world Have fun reading loads of books on your Mini
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine is here, and I've loaded a few dozen books, and read part of one. Mine all loaded via Calibre in the kepub, even when I disabled the extended driver. No biggy. I like the software, the home screen, etc.

The thing that I dislike is the series info is so light and tiny, I have a headache from trying to read it. (I should put on my glasses I guess). I don't suppose there is any way to make change the size of the lists?

Also, is there a way to remove the thumbnail from the lists? I though that could be changed, but maybe I am thinking of the Aura.

Also it is astonishing (to me) that you can read a book blurb from the list of books by tapping on the menu beside the title.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-29-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:17 PM   #38
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Mine is here, and I've loaded a few dozen books, and read part of one. Mine all loaded via Calibre in the kepub, even when I disabled the extended driver. No biggy. I like the software, the home screen, etc.

The thing that I dislike is the series info is so light and tiny, I have a headache from trying to read it. (I should put on my glasses I guess). I don't suppose there is any way to make change the size of the lists?

Also, is there a way to remove the thumbnail from the lists? I though that could be changed, but maybe I am thinking of the Aura.

Also it is astonishing (to me) that you can read a book blurb from the list of books by tapping on the menu beside the title.
try deleting the kobo extended driver...or just unticking the "use extended functions" or whatever it is. I didn't bother trying the 2nd option, but the first worked for me after i'd been playing with the extended driver.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #39
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
try deleting the kobo extended driver...or just unticking the "use extended functions" or whatever it is. I didn't bother trying the 2nd option, but the first worked for me after i'd been playing with the extended driver.
I deleted the extended driver, but loading a book from Calibre still shows the title at the top. It's ok, I like it, just wanted to see the difference.

I LOVE the Mini.

Oh wait, yes it did work. Maybe Calibre had to be restarted or something. So, I was able to compare the two, and I like the Kobo epub style better.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-02-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #40
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Took the Mini on an overnight trip. No problems. The mini is great! I just wish the official sleep cover had a magnetic catch to keep it closed. I put a band around it and it was also in a padded pouch when not in use.

I LOVE the Mini!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #41
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Took the Mini on an overnight trip. No problems. The mini is great! I just wish the official sleep cover had a magnetic catch to keep it closed. I put a band around it and it was also in a padded pouch when not in use.

I LOVE the Mini!
I use a hair band to close it too
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #42
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:

I LOVE the Mini!
Where did you purchase the official sleep cover? I cannot find it anywhere other than in the U.K.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #43
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Where did you purchase the official sleep cover? I cannot find it anywhere other than in the U.K.
Mine came with it, I bought it used.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #44
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Mine came with it, I bought it used.
Thanks. Looks like none in the U.S. but available in Canada.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #45
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Thanks. Looks like none in the U.S. but available in Canada.
Have you looked on ebay? There's some available there, both US and Canada...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote