Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-07-2023, 09:32 AM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Kindle Rewards/Kindle Points

There are so many Kindle Rewards special days (such as double points days) that maybe we need a thread to keep track of them.

Here's the first one.:
Earn 2x Kindle Points on books you purchase between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM PST on Feb 7, 2023

I currently have 993 Kindle points saved up.
Critteranne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:57 AM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I currently have 993 Kindle points saved up.
Man, cash 'em in. Every time I hit 300 I take the money and run.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2023, 10:18 AM   #3
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Man, cash 'em in. Every time I hit 300 I take the money and run.
I found out that if I build up a lot of points and cash them all in, I can use the combined credits on a more pricy book. For example, I used credits to bring down the price of a textbook about Victorian sensation fiction.

But... points do expire one month after they are earned.
Critteranne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:37 AM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
I found out that if I build up a lot of points and cash them all in, I can use the combined credits on a more pricy book. For example, I used credits to bring down the price of a textbook about Victorian sensation fiction.

But... points do expire one month after they are earned.
I thought it was just points that had been “converted” into a reward that expired in a month. Otherwise, you can let points ride for up to six months before they expire.

OK, I just checked and this is accurate. So you’re much better off not claiming a reward until you’re ready to spend.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:10 AM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I found out that if I build up a lot of points and cash them all in, I can use the combined credits on a more pricy book.
You are smarter than me, playing the long game. I buy too many books set at $2-4. So I always have something ready to use my credits on.

I also use Microsoft's Bing for search because Google doesn't need to know every single thing about me. Bing gives you points for searching and every 5,200 points I can get a $5 Amazon gift card. It takes me about three weeks to accumulate that amount of points.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 02-07-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Advert
Old 02-07-2023, 11:23 AM   #6
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
I also use Microsoft's Bing for search because Google doesn't need to know every single thing about me. Bing gives you points for searching and every 5,200 points I can get a $5 Amazon gift card. It takes me about three weeks to accumulate that amount of points.
If you've still got that option, don't change it to anything else. I've earned my share of the $5 gift cards from Bing over time, but when I changed it to something different, the $5 gift card option was removed, and I now work toward the $10 Amazon gift card option as it was the only Amazon one left.

I see that now they have a sweepstakes for a $5,000 Amazon card option. I figure if I pick that that one, for some laughs, the $10 Amazon gift card won't be an option anymore.

I really missed it when they stopped allowing family and friends to 'gift' bing points to each other.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:06 PM   #7
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
>If you've still got that option, don't change it to anything else. I've earned my share of the $5 gift cards from Bing over time, but when I changed it to something different, the $5 gift card option was removed, and I now work toward the $10 Amazon gift card option as it was the only Amazon one left.

You should be able to select the $10 Amazon Gift Card option, then choose a $5 denomination from the drop-down menu.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:12 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I thought it was just points that had been “converted” into a reward that expired in a month. Otherwise, you can let points ride for up to six months before they expire.
"Kindle Points must be redeemed for promotional Kindle book credit (“Credit”) within 6 months of the date of issuance, or before 11:59 PM PT on the date the Beta ends, whichever is earlier. Any Kindle Points not redeemed for Credit before this time will expire."

Presumably, there would be adequate notification!
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:38 PM   #9
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I'm with you - I have no problem using the credits, and have no reason to wait to redeem them!

But I do find it annoying that when I have available credit, Amazon likes to subtract my credit from the price of the book(s) I'm looking at, and pretend/display that the book is at that lower "price", and not its real, pre-credit price. Not that I don't understand why they do it, maybe they'll suck me into buying a more expensive book than I wanted, but it's just so transparently disingenuous that it's kind of offensive. But then many things about Amazon are offensive ...

Quote:
You are smarter than me, playing the long game. I buy too many books set at $2-4. So I always have something ready to use my credits on.

sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:24 PM   #10
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
You should be able to select the $10 Amazon Gift Card option, then choose a $5 denomination from the drop-down menu.
Thanks! Took a bit, but found the right button! I had enough for a $5 credit already.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:00 PM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
...I do find it annoying that when I have available credit, Amazon likes to subtract my credit from the price of the book(s) I'm looking at, and pretend/display that the book is at that lower "price", and not its real, pre-credit price...
Oh man, yeah. I hate that!
Old 02-08-2023, 07:00 PM   #12
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Presumably, there would be adequate notification!
They only gave a little over a month's notice that they were ending Amazon Smile, something that was much more impactful than Kindle Points, so... don't count on it.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 10:24 AM   #13
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Today (2/15/23) is double points. I'm glad you folks pointed out that I can save up points to save more on a single book as none of the early Simon Scarrow Eagles books are ever less than about $10 per book. I can wait on these as I completed purchasing a 35 book series for my Mom to read.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 12:22 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I found yesterday you can use these points of Any Order not just books!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 02:33 PM   #15
DuskyRose
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I found yesterday you can use these points of Any Order not just books!
That would be cool. I hadn't noticed that.