Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-06-2022, 10:03 AM   #76
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
And some downloaders and OS's auto unzip the plugin which also causes problems.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 09:05 AM   #77
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Hello,
I was just wondering if it is possible to add the option for a starting number? Sometimes I only need to renumber a given section of the book, but it always starts with the number 1.

If this is already available can someone please tell me how??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 05:29 AM   #78
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
not working for me

i read the entire thread looking for help, though almost ll of it is 5 year old posts,
but
no matter what I try i just get status failed,
plugin runner window output details
Launcher: missing or incorrect paths passed in

using sigil 1.9.30 windows 11
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:15 AM   #79
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Those Launcher errors typically indicate a plugin was not properly installed. As described in our User Guide to install a plugin:

1. Download the plugin's zip. Do NOT unzip it or rename it.
2. Go to Plugins menu in Sigil and select Manage Plugins
3. Use Add and navigate where you put the downloaded zip and select it

There are additional steps if you want to assign a shortcut Toolbar icon to that plugin.

If using Windows or macOS make sure the box is Checked to use Embedded (internal) python.

Happy to help get plugins running. Just pm me if you still have questions.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:54 AM   #80
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Those Launcher errors typically indicate a plugin was not properly installed. As described in our User Guide to install a plugin:

1. Download the plugin's zip. Do NOT unzip it or rename it.
2. Go to Plugins menu in Sigil and select Manage Plugins
3. Use Add and navigate where you put the downloaded zip and select it

There are additional steps if you want to assign a shortcut Toolbar icon to that plugin.

If using Windows or macOS make sure the box is Checked to use Embedded (internal) python.

Happy to help get plugins running. Just pm me if you still have questions.
those are the exact steps i followed

so
any ideas on how to debug

should the plug in prompt for what actions I want done - is doesn't get that far.
i tested on many books, some already chapterized, some not. fails on everything - no dialogue

i did just note that windows flagged the zip download with its standard warning: this file came from another computer, some properties blocked... etc, but i often see that on downloads and usually windows is just bluffing.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:27 AM   #81
stumped
Wizard

update. so i added the plug in again, after fixing the windows properites- blocked - came from another computer thing...
and it now seems to run OK- it gets to the dialogue part.

but if there is a 100 chapter max which cannot be tweaked, its useless for the target books, which will all have >100 chapters when chapterized.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:38 AM   #82
stumped
Wizard

so “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer” was the issue, but only visible if you inspect file properties for the zip download.

these was no warning issued as the download took place.

downloaded with chrome, windows 11. Could be I had that all figured out back in win 10 but lost my risk/warning settings in new w11 install

if its a general risk across all plugin downloads, maybe a note is needed in install instructions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zip properties.png
Views:	68
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	202935  

Last edited by stumped; 08-02-2023 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2023, 06:24 AM   #83
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Never heard of it. Must be something new to Windows 11.

EDIT: the Attachment Manager has apparently been around for some time. But this is the first I've ever heard of anyone running afoul of it. And the first I've heard of it creating problems for Sigil plugin installation.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-02-2023 at 06:52 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 06:58 AM   #84
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
so “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer” was the issue, but only visible if you inspect file properties for the zip download.

these was no warning issued as the download took place.

downloaded with chrome, windows 11. Could be I had that all figured out back in win 10 but lost my risk/warning settings in new w11 install

if its a general risk across all plugin downloads, maybe a note is needed in install instructions?
That 'warning' has been in Windows for decades, I always thought it was UAC related.

Just dowloaded the plugin on Windows 10 and installed it in Sigil 1.9.20 - seems to work, viz:

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-02 205108.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	515.2 KB
ID:	202938

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-02-2023 at 07:07 AM. Reason: wrong image
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 05:06 PM   #85
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Hello,
I was just wondering if it is possible to add the option for a starting number? Sometimes I only need to renumber a given section of the book, but it always starts with the number 1.

If this is already available can someone please tell me how??
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
but if there is a 100 chapter max which cannot be tweaked, its useless for the target books, which will all have >100 chapters when chapterized.
I haven't run across a '100 chapters max' issue yet. However, the ability to set the starting number might ameliorate the problem as you could do chunks of up to 100???
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 01:05 AM   #86
stumped
Wizard

Replying to 2 separate comments
1. Windows has silently f****d up your download to help protect your computer

Could be that win 11 is over zealous compared to win 10. This is a new install of win 11 ( with help from Rufus to bypass compatibility checks only old pcs}. So it is the default AVo detail settings

Or, folks using win 10 have implemented workarounds for this annoying windows behaviours then forgotten how and when they did that. I suspect myself of that.

I uploaded an attachment picture of a. Fresh download file properties,, showing the message.

2. The 100 chapter limit
Doing the book in chunks seems a bad idea, as the documentation warns against running plugin on partial books. But I ran it on a. It wil Ur Smith book , expecting it to crash, yyet it happily generated 133. Chapters, all seem correct.
Either that l00 limit was quietly removed,or it does not apply to the add headers mode

So it finally does wok and does shave. I Ute or so off of the whole chaptererise a non chaptered book process

I think I have run out of books to fix, so I doubt I will some much moe time on this

If I get curious though, I think I have some huge Leon Uris sagas which I coul unchapteirse then rechapterize to see if there is a size that it chokes on

Ideally, sigil should do a better job of validating plugins when they are added, so a zip that windows has helpfully sanitized is detected before it leads to puzzling error messages ? E.g. a CRC check
Old 08-03-2023, 04:58 AM   #87
stumped
Wizard

i deed more donload tests. this is pretty much a new out of the box win 11, except that I am using chrome instead of Edge

it seems that every file I have ever downloaded from internet has that same " windows protection" applied to it.

so the issue is really " can the program that gets to process that download cope, or not "

for example, every ascm file I have for library books has the same " this file came from another computer. and might be blocked.." warning, but ade does not care. it fulfills the epub requests just fine.

not sure if calibre cares or not. i think not because I recall refreshing the alf tools plug in after getting calibre onto the new PC, and it did not stop working

sigil OTOH cant cope so there should be warnings to users to unblock plug ins before adding them to sigil, IMHO
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	acsm example.png
Views:	58
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	202951  
Old 08-03-2023, 05:04 AM   #88
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
That 'warning' has been in Windows for decades, I always thought it was UAC related.

Just dowloaded the plugin on Windows 10 and installed it in Sigil 1.9.20 - seems to work, viz:

Attachment 202938

BR
ok - all i did was reinstall after changing the flag. so it was the reinstall that somehow fixed my issue , not the blocked flag change,

in which case I have posted some un-necessary remarks and pictures which should be ignored

for sure, when I did the 1st install, exactly as per the instructions, it was broke, but no sense revisiting that if its working for everyone else